Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h MP3 Playback

Can I play MP3's from CD using the 6 CD changer on the Mark Levinson upgraded Audio package?

I've seen many conflicting answers to this question so would be grateful for some info.

29 minutes ago, acer54 said:

Can I play MP3's from CD using the 6 CD changer on the Mark Levinson upgraded Audio package?

I've seen many conflicting answers to this question so would be grateful for some info.

I have a 2007 GS450H with Mark Levinson system and that plays MP3 CD's perfectly well. The manual gives a list of formats that will play, and that also shows MP3.

John.

12 minutes ago, Britprius said:

I have a 2007 GS450H with Mark Levinson system and that plays MP3 CD's perfectly well. The manual gives a list of formats that will play, and that also shows MP3.

John.

No mention of MP3 in my manual I'm afraid.

13 minutes ago, acer54 said:

No mention of MP3 in my manual I'm afraid.

In my manual under the heading of "using the audio system" it states insert MP3 and WMA discs. The players in the vehicles of the same year are identical. Why not just try a recorded disc?

John. 

9 minutes ago, Britprius said:

In my manual under the heading of "using the audio system" it states insert MP3 and WMA discs. The players in the vehicles of the same year are identical. Why not just try a recorded disc?

John. 

Will give it a try and report back.

16 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Fair enough. That'll be with the Hybrid side badging etc?

Yes that is correct.

Actually I think even the standard unit on the facelift can play MP3. The are WMA and MP3 markings near the disc slot on the headunit if it does support those formats.

3 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Mine's the standard kit in an 06 and I've never tried MP3s assuming they wouldn't work

Just try one and see - you won't do the unit any harm.