Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 250 steering lower control arm upgrade

Bogdan C

Hello everyone.

I have just bought my Lexus 250 IS 2012 in pearl white. Love the car to bits, but I am concerned a bit by the steering. It seems to have a loose feeling especially when going over bumps or deformations in the road. I presume the lower control arm bush is worn out which affects handling as well (although car only has 56k). The bushing seems to be of a softer compound which I guess helps with comfort but not handling and road feel. 

I've done some research online and found that a lot of the guys in US and Australia have replaced theirs with GSF/RCF bushing ( material is of greater hardness). The results were very good. 

I have ordered some, part numbers are below.
48075-24010
48076-24010

I will feed back here after fitting.

Anyone had any experience with these?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating sooner. After a few delays I've received the parts today, when I've placed the order they weren't in stock ( not sure how ), had to wait a bit longer but got the delivery for free. 

I've used megazip, they were quite cheap to be honest. 

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya/toyota/bracket-sub-assy-lwr-arm-no-1-4807524010

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya/toyota/bracket-sub-assy-lwr-arm-no-2-4807624010

Hopefully will get to fit them in the weekend and will update soon. 

56408610_1046140522246950_5478681431196565504_n.jpg

• Like 1

Just had them fitted this morning. had a short drive to work, you notice a difference straight away. The front end feels a lot more stable, car seems to wander a lot less. Steering wheel feels good, did not notice more vibrations in the car than before. Car feels better under braking as well. I like it!

Cost was 80 to fit, but I'm sure you can find cheaper as it's an easy swap.

Will give more feedback once I get to drive the car more. 

• Thanks 1