Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF RCF replacement discs and pads

My car thankfully doesn’t need brakes at the moment, however initial research seemed to suggest that only Lexus parts were available.

just had a look on the brembo website and it seems that OE discs and pads are now being manufactured for the GSF and RCF.

Used the replacement brembo discs and pads on my isf and never had any problems, so should save a few pennies when the time comes. Happy days.

link to the brembo page:-

https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/lexus-gs-l1-f-url10/000117800-1

• Like 4

Good news that brembo are starting to list them, but it seems strange that they only list rear pads. Front pads are available from EBC in various grades (according to their internet shop) but no prices are shown for rears. I've actually trawled the internet for possible alternatives to being ripped off by Lexus (I'm retired and have the time) and there are a number of sellers offering pads which are allegedly compatible with GSF/RCF but some of these are only £25-£50, so are most likely fakes. There are apparently a lot of counterfeit brake parts around, even in the motor racing fraternity (!!)

I think the problem is going to be persuading the likes of ECP to stock the brembo stuff. When you consider that there are only about 300 RCF's and GSF's in the UK then their likely customer base is very small and it might not be viable to keep a stock of the parts just in case 1 or 2 of us come knocking. Perhaps if enough of us asked them they might think it worthwhile.

If anybody has anything to add please share.

brembo are world leaders in brake technology and have been for years but I'd have no problem using any of the major motoring 'names' in this country for either discs, pads or shoes, Lexus don't make these parts they buy em in and rebadge to overcharge customers, same with all sensors, exhaust parts and electrical components. Outside of manufacturers warranty there is no valid reason for not shopping around unless of course you've got money to chuck away.

On 2/10/2019 at 11:32 AM, 08ISF said:

Good news that Brembo are starting to list them, but it seems strange that they only list rear pads. Front pads are available from EBC in various grades (according to their internet shop) but no prices are shown for rears. I've actually trawled the internet for possible alternatives to being ripped off by Lexus (I'm retired and have the time) and there are a number of sellers offering pads which are allegedly compatible with GSF/RCF but some of these are only £25-£50, so are most likely fakes. There are apparently a lot of counterfeit brake parts around, even in the motor racing fraternity (!!)

I think the problem is going to be persuading the likes of ECP to stock the Brembo stuff. When you consider that there are only about 300 RCF's and GSF's in the UK then their likely customer base is very small and it might not be viable to keep a stock of the parts just in case 1 or 2 of us come knocking. Perhaps if enough of us asked them they might think it worthwhile.

If anybody has anything to add please share.

ECP held the discs and pads in stock for the ISF, and from what I remember there’s only 180(ish) ISF’s in the UK.

I’m pretty sure I received mine in the frozen norf on a next day, so hopefully it won’t be long until they are listed on their website.

i did have a look on amazon and the front discs were priced at £94 each from a UK supplier and again with one of ECP ‘sales’ there could be potentially a further saving. 

Most importantly there’s options available.

• 1 month later...

I emailed ECP about brembo disc & pads. Below is their reply:

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for your email, and I apologise for the delay in response. 

Unfortunately, this is not something we stock in our catalogue. If you know the brembo part numbers suitable for your vehicle, we may be able to order this in for you. 

Kind Regards

Oliver
Customer Service Advisor
Euro Car Parts Support

On 2/10/2019 at 6:09 PM, ColinBarber said:

I hope so. Front pads are £400+ from a dealer.

is that just for the pads?

If you fill in this form one of the Lexus team will price the genuine ones up for you, We beat main dealer prices aswell

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/contact-us-genuine-lexus-parts/

Euro Car Parts stock brembo disks and pads for my ISF and IS 300 (not sure about RCF but why not if brembo do them?) and regularly email me with 50% off deals. Just done the IS 300 and plan to buy some for the ISF ready for when they do need doing.  It might need a conversation with an interested guy in one of their trade counters if RCF not listed online but worth a go for 50% off.

Even heard of Lexus dealers fitting customer bought parts during a service visit ( for labour ££ only). What's not to like?

16 hours ago, gb1600e said:

Interesting point @ColinBarber So are you suggesting Brembo make one standard for Lexus to sell over the counter and another standard for the after market ?  I didn't realise that.  And how bad can the after market Brembo ones be?

It's the same a saying all Michelin tyres are the same. There are multiple different grades and price points that brembo sell. The GS F and RC F brembo pads don't even use brembo friction material - the cheaper ones probably do.

On 3/26/2019 at 3:17 PM, LexusPartsDirect said:

is that just for the pads?

If you fill in this form one of the Lexus team will price the genuine ones up for you, We beat main dealer prices aswell

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/contact-us-genuine-lexus-parts/

£393. 😞

@PhoeNicks Just what I have bought for my ISF.  £280 but hopefully worth it.

I ran yellowstuff pads before which I got on really well with.

On the OEM discs Vs ECP brembo discs and also adding MTEC discs into the frame.  Only one set of discs cracked on me while on track....

The OEM ones.  Really not worth the money in my experience.  

I am about to run a DS2500 pad and ECP brembo disc combo in a couple of months so hopefully all will be well 🙂

• Like 2