Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is the UX as quite as other lexus's?

Hi all, im. New here

Im am considering either the lexus UX or  NX,  everything about both suits me and my needs . the problem is i have a hearing problem that can gets worse with a lot of noise. 

my parnter said the NX would be better as being the more expensive car it will have better sound proofing, is he right?  I thought all lexus's were suppose to be quite.

My partner told me to make sure i have good tyres on to reduce tyre noise and avoid low profile tyres. On which ever one i choose

Since im also considering the NX as well i have posted in that section too. 

id be greatful for any advice on the UX.

• 1 month later...

I have a UX on loan right now, and I am very impressed by the low noise level. It’s been a long time since I drove an NX, though, so I can’t compare those two.

Comparing the UX to the cars we own, I would say it is almost as quiet as my IS, and much, much quieter than my wife’s CT.

The ride quality is even more impressive. There is no pretense of sports ambitions, which I think is good with this car. The car feels very consistent, with a strong focus on comfort.

the only thing I wish was different is the seats. The side support is not as good as in the CT and IS, which is something I could live with. The more serious flaw is that the seat bottoms are too short, and you can’t raise the front end enough to provide support for long legs.

Best Lexus by a mile since my first Lexus in 2007. You need only look at the all the door and hatch seals to see the extent that quietness and smoothness has been improved. Better than my IS300h and I have had two of those. This second generation engine transmission is a big improvement, mainly short journeys I am doing 51mpg. While washing mine this morning found that you cannot lift the wipers away from the screen. They will only lift just enough to wipe underneath along the bottom of the windscreen.

Great car.

14 hours ago, mhult said:

I have a UX on loan right now, and I am very impressed by the low noise level. It’s been a long time since I drove an NX, though, so I can’t compare those two.

Comparing the UX to the cars we own, I would say it is almost as quiet as my IS, and much, much quieter than my wife’s CT.

The ride quality is even more impressive. There is no pretense of sports ambitions, which I think is good with this car. The car feels very consistent, with a strong focus on comfort.

the only thing I wish was different is the seats. The side support is not as good as in the CT and IS, which is something I could live with. The more serious flaw is that the seat bottoms are too short, and you can’t raise the front end enough to provide support for long legs.

Which trim level was this?

Im yet to drive one, I believe an all electric UX is coming out soon UX300e which would be ideal for my wife. 

7 minutes ago, Richard1200 said:

Best Lexus by a mile since my first Lexus in 2007. You need only look at the all the door and hatch seals to see the extent that quietness and smoothness has been improved. Better than my IS300h and I have had two of those. This second generation engine transmission is a big improvement, mainly short journeys I am doing 51mpg. While washing mine this morning found that you cannot lift the wipers away from the screen. They will only lift just enough to wipe underneath along the bottom of the windscreen.

Great car.

Thats similiar to the 4th gen RX. 

You have to get the wipers into service mode by pressing the off switch, then holding the wiper stalk all the way up. 

They'll do half a wipe and stop there so you can change blades, wash underneath etc

On 4/7/2019 at 4:10 PM, rayaans said:

Which trim level was this?

Im yet to drive one, I believe an all electric UX is coming out soon UX300e which would be ideal for my wife. 

The one I had on loan during the weekend was a trim level known in Sweden as Premium. It had leather seats, 18 inch wheels and power rear door. It also had a tech package including Mark Levinson and navigation. I don't know what the UK equivalent is.

Upon closer comparison to my IS, i think the UX has noticeably more road noise. It is still much quieter than the CT, though. The driveline is also a significant upgrade from the CT. My wife is seriously in love with it and wants to upgrade. We are probably going to wait and see if an all electric version comes out. Her CT only has 37000 kilometers on the odometer, so it's not like she really needs a new car.

I seriously recommend AVS as the ride is sublime & a real positive to me even with the so-called poor tyres the Factory tends to fit.

Tel