Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Absolutely love my new NX

16 hours ago, Quietlife said:

It certainly was a new experience. While I knew the fuel consumption of the Lexus was mid 30s, it’s still kind of disappointing to get less mpg than a 3 litre, 282bhp diesel. I’m having real trouble finding something with similar interior quality as the Audi and the Lexus comes close. I’m looking at a standard spec with premier pack as I want to keep it under the £40k list tax threshold so I’ll miss my HUD.

Mesa red with tan interior is my preferred colour choice. I think I need to go back and have another drive before making a decision.

I've had my NX now for 11 months after coming from a Q3. I've changed my driving style to suit the NX and have no regrets. Yes the Audis are better in some respects, but the NX is better in others. Overall I think the Lexus brand is far better.

My NX is in Messa red with tan interior- Top choice!

• Like 1

I've posted this review on another thread, but if you haven't seen it it's well worth a read. Very balanced, reflecting most of the thoughts on this thread.

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/extended-tests/extended-test-2018-lexus-nx-300h-review/

• Like 1

Well, I’ve bit the bullet and ordered one today. A luxury with premier pack. I would’ve had a F-Sport but there’s no way I’m paying £500/yr to tax it. Wanted one fairly soon to preserve the trade in  value of my car, so they found one in the UK. It was a three month wait for a factory order and they estimated I’d lose another £3-400 on p/x figure.  The dealer  thinks it may have the protection pack, but aren’t sure so I’ll be getting that for free if it’s fitted. 

No pressure at all and I think they would have preferred a factory order.  I feel I managed to squeeze as much as I could out of them, plus got a free service as well. Just had to buy it on a pcp to get the £2000 contribution, but I told them I’d be paying that off straight away. 

Still some reservations about the CVT, but I don’t think there’s a long term future for 3 litre diesels and was concerned about the future value of the Audi. It’s a shame because it’s a great car. 

• Like 1

Paul,

Tried to  do similar but I am An F-Sport nut & there was no AVS equipped NX in the UK so bit the bullet & ordered new.

Ordered Mid - December & is currently 7 days East of the Suez Canal.

What impressed me I was told in December that my NX would roll off the Production Line on the afternoon of the 28th. of January & it did.

Tel

4 hours ago, Quietlife said:

Well, I’ve bit the bullet and ordered one today. A luxury with premier pack. I would’ve had a F-Sport but there’s no way I’m paying £500/yr to tax it. Wanted one fairly soon to preserve the trade in  value of my car, so they found one in the UK. It was a three month wait for a factory order and they estimated I’d lose another £3-400 on p/x figure.  The dealer  thinks it may have the protection pack, but aren’t sure so I’ll be getting that for free if it’s fitted. 

No pressure at all and I think they would have preferred a factory order.  I feel I managed to squeeze as much as I could out of them, plus got a free service as well. Just had to buy it on a pcp to get the £2000 contribution, but I told them I’d be paying that off straight away. 

Still some reservations about the CVT, but I don’t think there’s a long term future for 3 litre diesels and was concerned about the future value of the Audi. It’s a shame because it’s a great car. 

Most cars are a compromise, and - no offence to other NX owners here - but you going from an A7 to an NX is a bit like downsizing from a 4 bed detatched house to a 3 bed semi!

I'm sure you'll adapt your driving style and learn to appreciate the reliability, build quality and customer service.

Good luck and welcome to Lexus. I'm glad I made the switch, as I think most are.

21 hours ago, Quietlife said:

Be open-minded about the CVT: it has its pros and cons, but I think that to make the most of it, 1) you have to be prepared to adapt your driving style to it and 2) You should not try and compare it to a conventional auto box... which most motoring journalists do.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DanD said:

Be open-minded about the CVT: it has its pros and cons, but I think that to make the most of it, 1) you have to be prepared to adapt your driving style to it and 2) You should not try and compare it to a conventional auto box... which most motoring journalists do.

Quite right Dan.

I have both a Torque Converter box in the old Merc and a CVT in the Lexus. I drive them both the same  way and just glide along with both not looking to "kick down" in either.

They are both enjoyable and in my opinion, both supreme.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The longer I have my NX - now 7k miles in nine months - the more I appreciate it. The smooth ride, the comfort, the beautiful interior and the looks.

The car has grown on me, that's for sure. Yes, it has faults. The satnav isn't brilliant, but I've got used to it. The paintwork chips more easily than other marques I've owned, but that isn't a deal breaker. I've got nothing else to gripe about and I'm a critical owner. 

I can see me owning this car for a number of years. Add in exceptional customer service from Lexus Swindon, and fair to say I'm a happy customer. 

On 2/11/2019 at 2:25 PM, sheri1 said:

The only reason I bought this car from Newcastle is because they had in the exact model and colour I was looking for at a great price.  Other than that I will stick with Lexus Teesside.  I have arranged a service plan with Teesside as I cannot fault the service from them at all.

No complaints from Newcastle though, other than they forgot to top up the washer bottle and the low level light came on during my journey home.  Minor issue that shouldn't have happened.

In terms of the manuals, I have emailed Lexus customer service and await their reply.  I agree though that a luxury car should come with a bit more than a basic instruction manual.

I personally don’t want the printed manuals.  Firstly, they were probably printed months ago and could be slightly out date plus searching for information is harder than electronic.  I have the digital copies of the Lexus manuals.  Copied to iBooks on my iPad so the actual size is the same size as the printed version plus searching for stuff is easy and the added benefit of increasing or decreasing the text size, etc.  Much better in my opinion

• Like 1

I asked for a copy of the printed manuals when I picked my car up and they are exactly the same as the online version. 

Really like my car but haven't come up with a solution to the seat problem yet. 

On 3/20/2019 at 6:39 PM, Habu said:

I personally don’t want the printed manuals.  Firstly, they were probably printed months ago and could be slightly out date plus searching for information is harder than electronic.  I have the digital copies of the Lexus manuals.  Copied to iBooks on my iPad so the actual size is the same size as the printed version plus searching for stuff is easy and the added benefit of increasing or decreasing the text size, etc.  Much better in my opinion

I'm the opposite, finding the electronic versions difficult to search and harder to read. Give me a hard copy and an index any time. When the internet finally destroys itself at least I'll be able to work out how to work some obscure feature...probably! 😂

As an aside, I still pay for as many things as possible by cheque. Internet banking is the Devil's work.