Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Caffeine and Machine meet - Sat 9th March

Flytvr

I went yesterday, great place. There was a black ISF there but didn't get to speak to the owner.

It was mega busy all day. People were getting turned away and being told to come back in an hour or so. Even when I went at 4pm, i got turned away a couple of times before getting in.
There was parking all along the verge of the road from 9am.

Therefore it might be worth calling ahead to avoid disappointment, or at least have somewhere else to go for a while in case you can't get in!

• Confused 1

On 2/25/2019 at 10:03 AM, Toothy said:

I went yesterday, great place. There was a black ISF there but didn't get to speak to the owner.

It was mega busy all day. People were getting turned away and being told to come back in an hour or so. Even when I went at 4pm, i got turned away a couple of times before getting in.
There was parking all along the verge of the road from 9am.

Therefore it might be worth calling ahead to avoid disappointment, or at least have somewhere else to go for a while in case you can't get in!

Yeh - fair point David.

Guys, if this is a usual Lexus meet, I doubt there'll be more than 5 cars turn up anyway. I believe you need 8+ to book. So, providing we are all happy to be laid back about this, we'll just have to suck it and see on the day.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Yeh - fair point David.

Guys, if this is a usual Lexus meet, I doubt there'll be more than 5 cars turn up anyway. I believe you need 8+ to book. So, providing we are all happy to be laid back about this, we'll just have to suck it and see on the day.

We might just be 8+ cars, Dav 😉

• Like 1

Hey chaps, i'm gonna have to cancel my plans to go. Daughter has a birthday party she needs to get to on the day and i won't be able to come up and drive back in time. Was looking forward to meeting more forum members but i guess that'll have to be some other time. Enjoy the meet and take some photos and post it in the forum for those of us who can't attend to appreciate.

C&M have announced £5 or £10 parking on the day. Shame really, as this event didn’t exist at the time I created the thread.

Personally, I’m not interested in the publicised event or paying £10 to park.

I propose keeping the tenner and meeting at the plan B location at Wellesbourne M. My tenner will be invested in a full fat full English brekkie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

C&M have announced £5 or £10 parking on the day. Shame really, as this event didn’t exist at the time I created the thread.

I propose keeping the tenner and meeting at the plan B location at Wellesbourne M. My tenner will be invested in a full fat full English brekkie.

I would gladly pay £10 to know that I can arrive there and have a parking spot, you can pay in advance btw

IMG_3720.PNG

I will be sticking to the original plan

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

Someone mention full English?? :thumbup:

• Haha 1

Jus to clarify, I am not trying to discourage anyone from meeting at C&M. However, as the creator of the thread, I do feel a responsibility to inform you of C&M's intent to charge you for parking.

Obviously it's your choice to go wherever you want 😀

Personally, I would prefer to organise an evening meet at C&M a little later in the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, i-s said:

Works for us - at Touchdown cafe or at the wellesbourne market on the airfield?

Yep, West side of airfield (South of Vulcan bomber).