Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Caffeine and Machine meet - Sat 9th March

Flytvr

Guy's it's just been suggested to me to stagger things, allowing those that want to go to C&M to wander over to Wellesbourne if they want.

So, 

11am Touchdown Cafe, West side of Wellesbourne Mountford airfield.

Airfield Estate, Loxley Rd, Wellesbourne, Warwick CV35 9EU

• Like 1

Just now, Cezar B said:

Can we all decide and make it clear where the meet is, please?

Your choice fella - but wherever we are, I'm sure we'll all hear you 😉

• Haha 1

Im planning to come along if I can keep up with the changing arrangements.

I chanced upon the Touchdown Café a couple of summers ago when I stayed at the camp site across the road.  There is a tiny wartime museum on site but not sure when thats open. Up the road the Vulcan bomber is on display and at weekends volunteers are around doing stuff and they are more than pleased to give you a guided tour for a small donation.  My lad loved it. Its an awesome machine. We got a full cockpit tour. Result.

WP_20160730_17_21_31_Pro.thumb.jpg.01203811deb3e4824e374c3e1b01a391.jpgWP_20160730_17_05_03_Pro.thumb.jpg.cf57d2f2a6df5129e8bc15afbfbaa006.jpgWP_20160730_17_03_21_Pro.thumb.jpg.dfb40fa6fee4d8d050ce75f81eef9682.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gb1600e said:

Im planning to come along if I can keep up with the changing arrangements.

I chanced upon the Touchdown Café a couple of summers ago when I stayed at the camp site across the road.  There is a tiny wartime museum on site but not sure when thats open. Up the road the Vulcan bomber is on display and at weekends volunteers are around doing stuff and they are more than pleased to give you a guided tour for a small donation.  My lad loved it. Its an awesome machine. We got a full cockpit tour. Result.

Awesome Glynn.

I flew in to Wellesbourne on my first ever solo land away. After landing, I walked down to the Vulcan and had a good look around. Special place to me.

I'm defo up for another look at the Vulcan.

It was great to get along to the Touchdown Café and meet up with everyone who attended so thanks @Flytvr for arranging. I hope I can hang around a bit longer next time. Your RCF's on show guys mean I need to revisit my savings plan and as @Cezar B demonstrated you can get a full grown adult in the back so there is no good reason not to have one.  That's me convinced, just the wife and the bank manager to go then.:tongue_smilie:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1