Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys 

I am taking my LS430 to Spain when I move over there in April . Can anybody tell me if I will have to swap the headlights over to LHD ones or will the RHD ones be okay for the Spanish MOT .

I have had conflicting opinions so far ....Or is there a switch to move them over to LHD 

Many thanks 

Howard 

Royoftherovers your reply to the OP "You will need left hand drive lamps to pass the Spanish ITV."
Does that mean you cannot adjust or reset the lamps to suit Spanish requirements.
I ask this as I am living in Spain, Murcia already and planning to get Spanish plates on my LS430.
Is there a work around, like reposition brackets? Or do you need a new reflector body, the link you gave doesn't say anything about the head lamps, just general statements.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Pidster said:

Royoftherovers your reply to the OP "You will need left hand drive lamps to pass the Spanish ITV."
Does that mean you cannot adjust or reset the lamps to suit Spanish requirements.
I ask this as I am living in Spain, Murcia already and planning to get Spanish plates on my LS430.
Is there a work around, like reposition brackets? Or do you need a new reflector body, the link you gave doesn't say anything about the head lamps, just general statements.

My pal has just imported aBMW into Spain and has had to buy new left hand drive headlamps for it to pass the ITV.

Read this  http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31490

57 minutes ago, Pidster said:

I would just echo what John has said. The Spanish ITV is very thorough on headlights and if it is that you need left hand drive lamps , that is what you will need. There are companies on the web who supply, but they are expensive. Maybe Spanish breakers could have them ?

• Like 1