Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS300h chrome radiator trim replacement

Hi.  Bashed my chrome trim on the front of my 2016 GS300h the other day (the z shaped piece on nearside).  I have the replacement trim part but the old trim seems to be fixed from the back with 6 screws (or screws fitted in lugs? - the new trim has female lugs with round holes without threads).  'Parts guy' thought that the way they do it at Lexus is to remove the bumper (or one side).  I can get access to the top two screws fixing the trim from the engine bay but that's all.  Anyone have any guide on how to best do it and which parts to remove?

Thanks in anticipation.

hi john,had mine done last year oct 18, same car as you,2016gs. snapped at the bottom on both sides [my fault going tight into grass on car park,into hidden stone kerbing,]lexus hull did a good job ,it is fixed from behind so they had to take whole front off .the bottom stretcher across was cracked, they fixed that as well, did excellent job. hope that helps you.

Thanks polish.  Wanted to try to avoid having lexus do it - I guess very expensive so was hoping to do it myself but may be too involved. What sort of labour cost was involved if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks guys.  I have the part but no info on how to remove front bumper anywhere and no indication how to do it when I remove upper and lower covers - cant even get a finger in from underneath!  My lexus says around £140 so may have to get them to do it....

hi john ,the labour on mine was, with paint ect ,£435. but this included repairing the stretcher that runs along the bottom and paint .I must admit they did a stonking job.