Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus main dealer cambelt change

Alexadjb

Hi everyone ,I have just purchased a 2003 sportcross .an amazing car .the cambelt was due for a change and I was going to do it myself .but after contacted lexus they could supply and fit for £400.67 .£148 parts .£185 labour £66.79 vat .so i know vat is rubbish but for the totall price it pretty good that included coolant change .they washed the car as well and checked it out fully and for 2003 car they could only find that the front number plate cracked a bit .i used a courtesy lexus 200h ..lovely car ..but my 16 year old is200 drove exactly the same .I could not say the new lexus drove any better at all in any way ..exactly the same amazing drive .so don't hesitate to take your old lexus to a lexus main dealer.

• Like 1

I would totally agree with that statement. Especially if you have a decent relationship with them in the first place. And I mean friendly, not having spent ££££ there in the first place.

Took my '06 RX 400h for a brake fluid change, parking brake adjustment and MOT to Lexus Sheffield today. £113. Considerably cheaper than the local (recommended) independent.

3 hours ago, Alexadjb said:

Hi everyone ,I have just purchased a 2003 sportcross .an amazing car .the cambelt was due for a change and I was going to do it myself .but after contacted lexus they could supply and fit for £400.67 .£148 parts .£185 labour £66.79 vat .so i know vat is rubbish but for the totall price it pretty good that included coolant change

Not too bad but from other posts on these forums it seems Lexus dealers ONLY do the cambelt. They don't change the idler/tensioner, they don't change the water pump and they don't change the coolant - if you ask for a cambelt change then that is literally what you get.

Did you ask for a coolant change and/or water pump change? If so then that is indeed a good price.

I got cambelt, idler/tensioner, water pump and coolant changed on my RX300 for about £460 at my local trusted indy place.

Hi ..I got the tensioners and coolant change but the car had only done 30.000 since last water pump so no new waterpump .but i am a new lexus owner and really thought it would be a lot more expensive .i wanted to use main dealer as the previous owner bought it there years ago .it was on record and they did a full check over and only pointed out the number plate was cracked.so that was good for a 16 year old lexus .

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links