Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recall letter for my IS250 (2012)

Have you recently bought the car? It is couple of year now since petrol line seal and airbag recalls happened. The only reason I can think of - previous owner have ignored the letters and once you bought the car it triggered new notification.

Yes, it could be done at the same time, I did mine with service - you need to book it thought, because they will need to order part etc. You cannot assume they simply going to do it themselves as part of the service. Although, last time when I booked service the lady checked if I don't have any outstanding re-calls before booking me in.

• Like 1

Depends what qualifies as a "gift". For fuel sensor seal they fill 1/4 of the tank with petrol, but that was part of the fix i.e. they cannot prove it does not leak if the car is low on fuel, but I had mine with half tank and got it back with nearly full. Other got Lexus "branded" sweets and water bottles, but that is more dealership and your relationship specific. I heard more remote dealers say in Scotland do put some free fuel as well when it comes to recalls perhaps because you made that journey "because of Lexus fault" and you wouldn't have done otherwise... but hat is kind of exception rather than rule...

I would not expect much ... always better, because if you get something in the end it will feel better 😄

When my Airbag recall was booked they offered a collect and return from home or work service or a Courtesy car for the day.

They also told me not to fill it as they would put £20 worth of fuel in and a wash & valet.