Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf Airbag recall

Letter came through the post this morning. Handily it's in for a service next week so it will get dealt with then. I've not got the letter to hand, but apparently there is some concern about broken mechanism fragments causing driver and passenger injury if faulty.

Anyone else get this?

Hi,

Yes, I too received the letter today. Like yours, my car is also a 2013 ISF. Need to get it booked in now - good excuse for a quick blast in the winter sunshine!

14 hours ago, PhoeNicks said:

Hmm, they had the car last year, twice in fact. I wonder why it wasn't done then.

This is a new recall related to another batch of airbags. Announced at the end of last year in the US and early January in the UK on Toyota and Lexus vehicles.

• Like 2

Thanks Colin, that clears it up then.

Of course, I should have thought about howmanyleft. Only 12 cars? I thought it would have been at least double, considering there are around 200 ISFs in total. I'll have another ponder through that website.

I like the fact these are rare, but it's also shame because I'll likely not see another on the roads up here. We should have an 'F Map' so we can see where Fs are based around the country. Might make meets easier 😁 I used to have an Alpina, these were rare but turned out there were loads in Aberdeenshire.

Mine comes out of hibernation next week. I said to myself I'd try and run it over winter, but I refused to do it in the end. I've been driving a 2.8 V6 4Motion Passat and I think I've forgotten how enjoyable driving can be!

Yes, it is unusual to see another F, except for the last few miles on the way to a meet up!

Mine has been hibernating for the winter, but this recall gives me an excuse to fire it up, and as you say remember how much fun it is to drive.

My winter experience hasn't been too bad as I have an RX to use daily, and I doubt winters in my part of the world (Berkshire) would really be called "winter" in Aberdeenshire