Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

22 hours ago, lazzlo amundo said:

Herbie,it's a big list on that fuse.

iiterior lights,.....all working

personal light,.....working

door coursety lights,...working exept n/s front door

ign switch light,....working

open door warning light,.....working

boot light,.....not working bulb seems ok,gonna nip out later and try a new bulb.fuse ok.

sun roof,....working

radio,.....not working,fuse ok.

cd player....not working,i susspect it's power comes from the radio.

preset steering system,.....working

seat belt warning system,.....not working,fuse ok

air con,....working but no lcd.

rear view mirror,...,just a normal mirror

door lock and theft deterrent system foot light,....dont know what that is.

electric mirrors,.....working.

locking with wireless remote system,i haven't got that key with it on.

Last but not least,automatic light control system .....not sure what that is.

When i lock the car with the door key,the little red alarm light doesn't flash i dont think the allarm works

All fuses are good,the Battery drain amps is 0.25.

A Battery drain of 0.25 amps (250 ma) is way to much. Over 24 hours that would be 6 amp hours (AH) over a week it would be 42 AH over 2 weeks it would be 84 AH, and this is more than the capacity of a new fully charged battery. The discharge should be about 1/10th of your figure or 0.025 amps (25 ma).

John.

17 minutes ago, Britprius said:

A battery drain of 0.25 amps (250 ma) is way to much. Over 24 hours that would be 6 amp hours (AH) over a week it would be 42 AH over 2 weeks it would be 84 AH, and this is more than the capacity of a new fully charged battery. The discharge should be about 1/10th of your figure or 0.025 amps (25 ma).

John.

I know,i was hoping that someone would read my check list and see what it might be.Like can the allarm be turned on with just the key in the door,and the seat belt warning not working,when all the fuses are ok.

23 hours ago, Britprius said:

Remove the "dome" fuse and connect a multi meter set to 20 amps to start with across the connections where the fuse fits. Turn down the current range until you are using a range that is just above the current being drawn.
With the car doors closed, and ignition off remove, and replace  the fuses controlling the systems in the list noting any fall in the reading on the meter. This will show where the problem(s) lies. The maximum standing current should be around 20 ma  (20/1000 of an amp).

The dome fuse feeds many fuses down stream of it'self.

John.

Thanks for the info,i can't do the checks on the fuses under the drivers footwell,to old,to knackered to get under there.I broke my back just pulling them out to check the fuses are ok,i just can't get down under there.

@lazzlo amundo Cliff, I like to help people when I can. I don't have a lot of knowledge but I will openly share what I have with anyone at any time if it's helpful.

Please believe me when I say that I do not wish to cause you any offence and I say this with the greatest of respect. I have a back injury that was bad enough to get me medically retired from a job I loved, so you have my sympathy with regards to your health and your ability to get down to the fuse boxes etc.

However, if you can't do it, then why are we spending time guiding and directing you - why not just take it to an auto-electrician who'll get it sorted for you?

• Like 1

Cliff, I agree with Herbs...…..I, too, am at an age where I can no longer bend double in a footwell. My future health is important to me - so I, reluctantly, pay an expert to do things which are now beyond me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

@lazzlo amundo Cliff, I like to help people when I can. I don't have a lot of knowledge but I will openly share what I have with anyone at any time if it's helpful.

Please believe me when I say that I do not wish to cause you any offence and I say this with the greatest of respect. I have a back injury that was bad enough to get me medically retired from a job I loved, so you have my sympathy with regards to your health and your ability to get down to the fuse boxes etc.

However, if you can't do it, then why are we spending time guiding and directing you - why not just take it to an auto-electrician who'll get it sorted for you?

I know your right,i just hate not being able to do things myself.I just don't want to admit i can no longer do the things i could do,i don't want to be charged a fortune to be told it'll cost a fortune to fix.Bought with 11 month mot,so far new altinator £148.00 fitted by me,new Battery £60 quid,gonna have to fit a timing belt kit for piece of mind £150 quid.i just expected to be driving it.But yes,i know both you and Tulpin are right.

• Like 2

We've had a pm conversation about the Radio not working and you tell me that the Disc Changer in the boot doesn't open.

As the disc changer opens without the key in the ignition, I suggest that having already removed the Radio once, after re-charging your Battery you leave the Radio disconnected a couple of days to see if your Battery still runs down. 

To use the radio, the ignition needs to be at ACC, however there is power to the Disc Changer in the boot at all times and I'm assuming (maybe wrongly? ) that the power goes via the Radio loom?  

By doing this you should eliminate all other possibilities than Radio and Disc Changer as your drain.

Entirely your decision to do this,  of course.

4 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

We've had a pm conversation about the Radio not working and you tell me that the Disc Changer in the boot doesn't open.

As the disc changer opens without the key in the ignition, I suggest that having already removed the Radio once, after re-charging your battery you leave the Radio disconnected a couple of days to see if your battery still runs down. 

To use the radio, the ignition needs to be at ACC, however there is power to the Disc Changer in the boot at all times and I'm assuming (maybe wrongly? ) that the power goes via the Radio loom?  

By doing this you should eliminate all other possibilities than Radio and Disc Changer as your drain.

4 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

As the disc changer opens without the key in the ignition, I suggest that having already removed the Radio once, after re-charging your battery you leave the Radio disconnected a couple of days to see if your battery still runs down. 

I think the cd changer gets it's power from the radio,power conector in for the radio,and a conector for power out to the cd player.The radio is kaput,if you still want to sell me your spare radio that would be good,i understand if you don't want to sell it.cheers.