Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wet and damp boot LS430

Hello

So, my daughter sat in the rear left passenger seat and went for the seat belt only to find mould all over it . (Perhaps a sign it hasn't been used in some time) 

Anyway I took a look in the boot and its very moist and damp and wet especially in that area of the boot.

The seal looks fine to me . Are there any drains under the covers that are probably blocked.

Too some pics also.

Advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_20190214_154018.jpg

IMG_20190214_154012.jpg

IMG_20190214_153356.jpg

1 minute ago, Tinonline said:

Hi

Those seals look shot to me. 🧐

I’d check door seals too. And “moonroof” sunroof to most of the world...

If in doubt replace them.

Thanks. Not much an expert on seals so probably perhaps they are knackered.

Fortunately mine doesn't have a sunroof..

Looks like my Mk3 LS 400 when I discovered a couple of gallons in the tyre well.  So damp it was condensing.

If it is the seal then from my experience you should look where the boot lock is and see if you have drips runnning down into tyre well (and attendant rust mark), if so the seal is the problem.  It seems as if in palces the seal dries out, the water wicks over the metal ridge and works it way down inside of seal to the lowest (or where seal join is) usually near lock.

If the seal has gone it is not always possible to pull on bits of seal to see if nay is loose, as it does not take much of the seal to break down to allowing wicking over the metal ridge.

If the tyre well is fine, then look either side of boot where rear wheel arch corrosion will start allowing water in.  This is more of a pain to deal with. 

Of course you could have a hole cover that is gone, so take all the boot furniture out and have a darned good look, whatever the problem is should be pretty obvious given that condensation in photo.

Best of luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links