Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ignition Barrel Problems

aitch

:D Hi first time posting on this site and so far very impressed. Just hoping someone will be able to help me with this, I recently became the proud owner of a 200 sport 28000 miles on the clock, very happy.

5 days later the ignition barrel is now stuck in ACC :o , have returned it to the place I bought it for repairs (give them their due they have been helpful) however the local Lexus dealership say that it could be anything up to £1500 or more to correct, surely this can't be right?

Any Thoughts?

Cheers Aitch.

: however the local Lexus dealership say that it could be anything up to £1500 or more to correct, surely this can't be right?

Any Thoughts?

Cheers Aitch.

Thats absolute balls mate........ a new barrel that is cut to match your existing key is about £80 and takes about 10 ish days from date of order. I found out all the options as i had the same prob a while ago.

If you can use a screwdriver then u can change the barrel ur self - it took me 30 mins start to finish - most of that was taking the interior trim panels off.

if you have any Q's then please PM me.

cheers Rob.

PS: HERE IS THE WORKSHOP GUIDE FOR CHANGING THE BARREL. CLICK ME!!

Right have just gotten all the info from the dealership.

I probably should of said that the previous owner lost the Master key with the serial number on, therefore they are saying the locks, management system and central locking will all need replacing.

They are looking through their past records to try and find it but this will take a couple of days.

Aitch.

Right have just gotten all the info from the dealership.

I probably should of said that the previous owner lost the Master key with the serial number on, therefore they are saying the locks, management system and central locking will all need replacing.

They are looking through their past records to try and find it but this will take a couple of days.

Aitch.

ah ha! - well they should have a record of the number of the original key BUT if not that doesnt really matter - you can buy a lock kit ( contains a complete set of locks and keys - without the transponders of course, just swap urs over) and just fit the new lock barrels, it should take u about 2.5 hrs total to do, most of that time will be going the door lock as access isnt your friend.

Thanks to everyone who replied with very useful info. managed to get the master key number and had a new barrel fitted, everything is now working fine and didn't cost me a penny.

Once again thanks. :D