Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting a Parrot MKi9200 to an RX400H

I posted recently asking for a wiring diagram of the stereo on a 2007 RX400H as they seem to differ. Someone kindly posted the diagram showing that it was an amplified unit with just a left and right output (4 wires in total  2+ and 2-) I have had to hard wire the parrot in as there is now plug and play adapter in the UK. I am 99.9% certain that I have the wiring correct. When I plug a test speaker in to the parrot blue box it works fine. It mutes the stereo as it should do both on calls and on music playing. It comes up on the parrot screen that it is playing the music from the phone fine.  When I disconnect the cables for the left and right on the original head unit I get no sound so I know that I have the correct cables and they match up to the wiring diagram. So has anybody any idea of why the thing won't work? Am I missing something really obvious here? Is it simply not compatible because maybe although they are the left and right channels out of the stereo going in to the amplifier something else is required to power the speakers? I'm clutching at straws here! I really am! Any help at all would be great? It's a complete mystery...

Hi Stuart,

I don't believe the adapter for my Lexus is available in the UK. From what I understand there are a minimum of THREE different stereos they fitted in to the RX400H and they each have different plugs. I'm presuming that there are equal variations for the 300 too. 

1. Mark Levison System

2. Standard Cd / Cassette 

3 Multi Disc CD with NO cassette

4? Navigational unit possibly?

Mine is number three. They all look almost identical from the front but seem to be different machines. Mine is a Pioneer unit. 

For the time being I have wired it in to just an additional speaker which works fine but is poor quality.

The audio wiring that appears on my loom is as follows. They are second and third from the end top and bottom.

+  Black  []    Red  +

-  White  []   Green -

I don't know why Toyota thought it was a good idea to put a speaker + cable as a black but they did!

IMG_1151.thumb.jpg.13068b1b37a3a5bc5b1c427369e397a2.jpgIMG_1152.thumb.jpg.513213c11eab792555d51bdfa4b150fe.jpgIMG_1153.thumb.jpg.0bc7ccfdff4dea1012d94040f9b1b833.jpgIMG_1157.thumb.jpg.9ba0ad9cacce418bf544f2c280cc9d73.jpg

So it transpires that there are 11 different versions of the stereo all made by Pioneer and there are 4 main differences. None of this helps us fit the Parrot unless of course someone has a lead specifically for it. My own gut feeling and I'm 99.9% certain that I have the hard wiring correct on it is that the left and right channels contain some kind of amplified or power coming from the head unit and that is why there is no sound. I read somewhere that the unit is tri-amped whatever that means... This is clutching at straws and might be completely wrong but it shouldn't be difficult to tap in to just 4 cables!?  

1776577400_ScreenShot2019-02-18at23_42_13.thumb.png.14da2aac8e8b19fe9c4760a6c5a169e8.png527515572_ScreenShot2019-02-18at23_37_27.thumb.png.6cc0bba4562e6b1655953d17310496d7.png259667463_ScreenShot2019-02-18at23_39_56.thumb.png.682ba2bf8b6c8ef5380510174401b1f0.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links