VIA K8T800 Mother board

2x DDR 256 mb pc400

nVIDIA GFX5200 Ultra Gamer 256MB ViVo

Card reader USB 2.0

DVD+RW+R 16X10X40X12X4X2,4

DVD CD48X DVD16X IDE

160GB IDE 7200 U/min

Hows it sound.......

plus i bought a 19" philips LCD monitor....

and a Thomson scenium LCD tv.....

TV works great, monitor is great, will connect new PC up this weekend

I have 4 computers here.....

and if I add all the clock speeds and HD sizes .....

its still less than what you have there.

Plus the monitor & DVD etc.

That should scream along when you get it going - you'll be replying to posts before you've thought of what to say.

(bet the internet doesn't run any faster though!)

dunno, maybe means i can order stuff faster.........

i thought i best treat myself though, as the Pc im currently on i got in 1995 and has a 350cpu :o

the monitor although 17 " was 17 sq feet in area....

and the diddy tv broke down.....im always one to embrace technology long after everyone else.

not this weekend though :)

a new PC.....

Fujitsu-siemens

AMD Athalon 3200+ L2/1MB

VIA K8T800 Mother board

2x DDR 256 mb pc400

nVIDIA GFX5200 Ultra Gamer 256MB ViVo

Card reader USB 2.0

DVD+RW+R 16X10X40X12X4X2,4

DVD CD48X DVD16X IDE

160GB IDE 7200 U/min

Hows it sound.......

hasnt even got a turbo ! :P

Fujitsu-Siemens are good, I bought 16 for work and they are great. If you haven't found it yet MS XP has a neat method of moving your files from your old pc to you new. Basically involves a floppy disk, a network or other link cable and select

Programs/Accessories/System tools/Transfer and settings wizard

in new pc

If you need any help pm me. It does NOT move programs, but everything else.

Anyone wanting these PC's in UK should check out insight.com/uk as they do great deals for me. Just make sure you specify a tower or desktop to get right shape.

BW

Nick

nick, thanks for that, that is a problem im about to ecounter as the floppy on this pc is bust..can you let me know what i will need to get to copy over...other than picking up a floppy drive....i intend to get it up and running this weekend.

only problem i have at the mo is XP is in german on it, and i need to find an english XP..

can i overwrite the german XP or is there a way of changing language

very nice Mat...

My home PC is a Fujitsu Siemens, bought back in '98, finally gave up the ghost a couple of weeks ago (which aint bad considering the amount of times its been moved around the country)..

Its certainly a top spec too... I have visions of Mat appearing on the new Post Office advert replacing Elton John.. "you know me, I like fast things."

isn't there a language setting option in control panel? May need the XP CD though.

You could always move your files by CD, if your old pc had a writer - which maybe it sounds like it doesnt!! ooops

Nice anyway, so more dodgy piccies in the carpark from now on then!!

cracking system mat, my new pc comes 2moro, theres some good prices out there at the moment. i went for a custom built system which cost £840 inc VAT and delivery

AMD XP2600+

1024MB PC3200

140GB 7200 HD 8MB

8x GEFORCE-FX5600XT 256MB

NEC ND-1300A DVD+/- WRITER

TV-CARD with FM + REMOTE

17inch TFT SILVER/BLACK

and other bits n bobs

i've been using macs for the last fve years so im sure i have hours of frustration ahead of me :shutit:

just need to find out how to network this and my old PC together,

you could use a data link cable or an ethernet crossover cable to connect them together if it's just the 2 pc's you want to connect. you can have my old crossover cable if you want it once i've set up my new network, just let us know bud.

Nice PC Matt!

Wosket that spec is very similar to mine, but I got mine setup to overclock to 3200 specs (no i wont tell you how to do this cause if you break yours you will batter me!!)

Just please remember to "loose" my tel number if you are having probs :whistling:

Nice PC Matt!

Wosket that spec is very similar to mine, but I got mine setup to overclock to 3200 specs (no i wont tell you how to do this cause if you break yours you will batter me!!)

Just please remember to "loose" my tel number if you are having probs :whistling:

not too bothered about overclocking, just bought it as a test platform and to watch tv on while im working on my macs.

dont worry, ill have plenty of questions for ya next week mate :lol:

thanks John,

im mostly after pulling all the files and images from my old HD..leaving behind all the programs.and Trojans :crybaby:

what doesnt help is.

a. this pc has no floppy

b. the old pc floppy is dead, and it has no Burner