Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mine also work without the key in or in the on position (Mk4 1998 LS400) so I'd assume that's normal, but it did take me by surprise the first time I discovered this. I wander what other circuits are permanently live. It can not help with Battery drain down issues.

Yup, as for power drain, there won't be any unless you are actually moving the seat or belt adjuster. 
As for other circuits that are always live, the interior and boot lights, mirror and door lights, as well as the Smartkey circuitry.
The system is designed for these but be aware that if you are leaving your LS parked for more than a month, either plug it into an Optimate or else disconnect the Battery. It'll be flat when you come back if you don't. I have a friend who works on the rigs and can be away for months. He fitted a 20Watt solar cell to the parcel shelf of his car and that produces enough to maintain the Battery when parked.