Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Top Gear....does anyone bother watching it anymore?

superatticman

i actually enjoyed Grand Tour in Mongolia, but then i have a great connection with that country that made me enjoy it more. GT is better than TG but i will watch both. (just realised how close those abbreviations really are)

• Like 1

Haven't watched TG for years and years, and never seen TGT. All seemed a bit like rich boys smashing up used cars.

I used to like Chris Harris's YouTube stuff, before he took the TG gig. His review of his 2CV, his tribulations in the N24 race and his time with the criminally undervalued Alex Buncombe on the Mille Miglia are three of my favourites. But all that is spoiled now, until he gets the boot by the BBC.

Thanks goodness for Harry Metcalfe!

• 5 months later...

Top Gear falls in to the 85% of all TV,   fatuous and like the producers of 85% of tv, catering for uneducated  easily pleased majority  who suffer from FOMO, fear of missing out. 

A lot of tv is just disgusting, based around s*x, showing people's private parts, soap operas with scripts based around adultery, lies, hidden agendas, murder, theft, casual s*x , robbery, drug taking and weak story lines.    Cheap game shows with fatuous contestants,  all chasing money.     Even the news think the recent hurricane in Japan might have peaked but  the rugby might be saved.  Pity the two people dead in that hurricane or the poor souls in Northern Syria  which the BBC saw fit to show someone placing one foot in front of the other and managed a marathon in under two hours straight after Syrian children   were shown in tears and frightened out of their wits after being shelled and running round looking for shelter in  their town.     Maybe when the middle east explodes once and for all  TV Networks will actually ask if Strictly Come Dancing actually matters.     

Top gear of course lost the plot years ago,   Star in a reasonably priced car, for goodness sake !!!    Far better to watch Youtube if you want to see reasonable reviews of cars that stick to the subject matter rather than watch 3 stupid men play games.     

• Like 2

Personally I'm a bit partial to some s*x, people's private parts, adultery, lies, hidden agendas, murder, theft, casual s*x, robbery, and drug taking. Luckily I'm also able to follow what's happening in Syria and Eliud Kipchoge's amazing achievement today.

Top Gear is ******* though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sh20,you couldn't have put it any better myself,don't watch much television myself,full of crap,even the news is stage managed,the media has three primary roles- to inform,educate and entertain,unfortunately the people behind it seem to prefer to concentrate mainly on entertainment with a lot of meaningless.......🤔