Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS200 front upper balljoint

rincewind

• 1 month later...

Yes the ball joint itself can be changed without replacing the arm it is very simple remove upper arm flip it over there is a circlip remove that bang the old one out clean up the hole and then put the new one in and replace the circlip with new one I used a big socket which was bigger them the ball joint outter diameter and sat on the wishbone and used the nut and just tightened it up to pull it into place while checking it was going in straight and gave it a couple of love taps with plastic hammer to make sure it was seated all the way

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2019 at 11:24 PM, Lillew206 said:

Yes the ball joint itself can be changed without replacing the arm it is very simple remove upper arm flip it over there is a circlip remove that bang the old one out clean up the hole and then put the new one in and replace the circlip with new one I used a big socket which was bigger them the ball joint outter diameter and sat on the wishbone and used the nut and just tightened it up to pull it into place while checking it was going in straight and gave it a couple of love taps with plastic hammer to make sure it was seated all the way

Hi, can this be done on the car? Bolts look a bit crusty and if its like everything else on it they'll probably need cut off. I dont really want to start that if there is another way round it!

• Like 1

[mention=38912]rincewind[/mention] did you change yours on the car?

Didn’t do it in the end- it was on the list of things to change to try to get rid of my front o/s ‘knock’ but others had changed it and the knock was still there on their cars so I left it.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On 5/15/2019 at 11:41 AM, rincewind said:

Didn’t do it in the end- it was on the list of things to change to try to get rid of my front o/s ‘knock’ but others had changed it and the knock was still there on their cars so I left it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the knock can be any part in the suspension. Just because it wasn't the balljoint for one person doesn't mean it's not the case for you.

Edit: When I think about it it makes more sense that the knock would come from something that is under load. Like lower balljoint, struts, lower control arm bushings.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links