Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dvd/tv On Nav Screens

PAL Composite to RGB converter - HERE

Sorry the image is rubbish, it was created in Pagemaker but my PDF creator has gone belly up so I just printed and scanned it for now. (original PM file on request)

This is the older version. The new version has 3 inputs, (4 including the original satnav input) and will auto-switch to the 2nd input when put in reverse for camera, then switch back afterwards) but not got round to the full schemtaic. It can be added on later though. Total cost about £45

For those interested, in car PC so far (not done the DVD side yet). Warns of nearing Gatso's - like Road Angel, etc. Yes - I've blanked out the song title to save getting stick for my sad taste in music..........

Far from finished, bit on my plate at the mo. (You'll see the last time I had chance to do anything to it by the date on the display) - HERE

The guys from converters.tv have just shipped one of the new converters for me to try :) . They are quoting a price of $195USD. Will let know how it goes once it arrives, Should be Tues/Wed next week.

Well guys,

I received the PAL/NTSC video to NTSC RGB Converter from converters.tv. It appears to be a brand new board which is not yet on their website. Cost is $195USD + shipping.

Installed it in 5 minutes and it worked first time :D , perfect picture; no flickering, missing lines etc. I will post some screen shots soon.

Worth the wait.

Duncan

Hi All!

I've been talking to Steve at Converters.tv on this too. Mines on it's way to me now, If all goes well I may be able to get a better price for a group buy.

I'll keep you posted!!! :D

Morning All! The latest from steve at converters.tv on this is as follows:

" Hi Ian,

I have sold out of the samples, however the good news is that the feedback has been very good and with this we will go into production end of this month with delivery in early June. I am sorry for the delay but can contact you again once the goods are in stock (we will then have stock always for immediate shipment).

Kind Regards

Steve"

I see a chance for a group buy here!!!!!! ;)

Hi All!

I've been talking to Steve at Converters.tv on this too. Mines on it's way to me now, If all goes well I may be able to get a better price for a group buy.

Put me down for one on group buy.

Cheers Terry

• 1 year later...
Hi All!

Put me down for one on group buy.

Cheers Terry

Any update on this guys?

Thanks,

Ash

• 4 weeks later...

ScarFace,

I brought the original one from the converters.tv guys over a year ago and it is still working a treat.

:-)

Look like it has been cleaned up a bit since I brought mine, I just have a raw PCB with soldered wires. One thing to remember is that you will still have to install a relay and cut in to the wiring loom of the NAV system.

http://www.converters.tv/products/converte...erters/139.html

Duncs

• 4 months later...

I have been experimenting with my dvd input for sat nav, basically I get the following picture, DSCN1744.jpg my box of tricks converts pal or ntsc to rgb, but as you can see the top is distorted, has anyone had this problem? Does the satnav disply need NTSC RGB? Could I use a standards convertor to correct this? Help

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links