Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Ls 400 in the next Ten years.

I currently have a Mk4 Ls 400, dating from 2000 with the grand total of 108k on the clock.

Just about run in ,you might think.

Assuming that I dont turn my toes up or shunt it in the next ten years ,it will probably be still going.

Trouble is, given the growth of Electric cars, will it still be possible to buy petrol at the pumps?

Given that in London,I wont be able to drive it inside the North/South Circular from next year,( Thanks Sadiq!)

It is likely that they will roll out ever more onerous restrictions around the country .

We could all end up with perfectly good cars that we cant drive anywhere.

The dopes that crack on they run this place cannot fight their way out of a paper bag, it will take them ages to pull this together. Use the Lexus and enjoy it. The state of too many roads outside our slicker cities are in such a mess I can see them knocking the arse out of electric cars. This Government would be better banning the wood burners as in some areas we can see the return of the pea soupers !

2 hours ago, moonraker58 said:

will it still be possible to buy petrol at the pumps

of course, the UK wants electric cars but no one actually wants to buy one ............. there's far more petrol cars on worldwide roads than there's ever going to be electric cars in our lifetimes

Malc

The chances of petrol driven cars being taken out of use on roads worldwide are non existent and as much the green elves want it there are numerous reasons it will not happen for decades if ever.

First of all the cost to the economy of any country changing over to a more expensive format .

The finite resources for batteries ,available content limit.

Infrastructure supporting recharge of batteries likely too expensive in developing countries.

Geopolitical effects on developments ie; China controls most of the mining resource on Battery content.

The final one and most important is freedom of choice,not everyone or even a small minority will give that up.

I wonder if the production of Batteries is as green as the production (and long life???) of Fluorescent bulbs  is to argon bulbs

Many years go I visited a company in Darley Dale which recycled Batteries.  Looking into that huge Metal Tunnel almost the width of the underground, and probably fifty foot long, a tube with jet flames and chains attached with heavy lumps of iron thrashing about as the Tunnel rotated  breaking down used Batteries, I could only imagine it was what Hell looked like.  Was it a green process?  I very much doubt it. Is the manufacture of batteries  environmentally friendly? This was in the day of Chloride Batteries which went bust confirming my prediction at the time.

1 hour ago, runsgrateasanut said:

I wonder if the production of Batteries is as green as the production (and long life???) of Fluorescent bulbs  is to argon bulbs? 

Many years go I visited a company in Darley Dale which recycled Batteries.  Looking into that huge Metal Tunnel almost the width of the underground, and probably fifty foot long, a tube with jet flames and chains attached with heavy lumps of iron thrashing about as the Tunnel rotated  breaking down used Batteries, I could only imagine it was what Hell looked like.  Was it a green process?  I very much doubt it. Is the manufacture of batteries  environmentally friendly? This was in the day of Chloride Batteries which went bust confirming my prediction at the time.

Hey, Stuart,

If you are still spot on with your predictions, them PM me with tonight`s Lottery numbers please !!

• Haha 1

Only if last nights Euromillions came up for me!

Then again as yet to check, I'll give you some numbers  14, 9, 37, 40, 41, 26  (don't do the UK lott so not sure if thats enough numbers?)

Buy me a nice Lexus if you win - without responsibility or liability otherwise! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links