Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC-F hits 60 in 4.17 seconds...

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

it was probably vertical acceleration.. or the speed of rust spreading 😀

Should be 3.2, but I'm buggered if I can do it 😎

If all the toys are back in the prams ......

I've checked my speed against snooper and also radar signs that show speed and to do a real 60 is 65 on the clock.

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

if this is F1 where a race could be won or lost by a thousand of a second then this will be of importance but who really cares if the RC-F hits 60 in 4.1 , 4.5 or  4.7 secs? the difference between these times is not day and night to matter a great deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noby76 said:

if this is F1 where a race could be won or lost by a thousand of a second then this will be of importance but who really cares if the RC-F hits 60 in 4.1 , 4.5 or  4.7 secs? the difference between these times is not day and night to matter a great deal. 

Hence my comment about decimal places in 0-60 times, as said before - it makes a difference if it is 4s or 5s, but when difference gets to 0.1s or 0.04s (like 3.96s quoted for new RC-F).. who cares really.

3 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

E63 AMG

doesn't do 0-60 in 3.2s even E63 S doesn't do it.

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Any hire car can hit 60 in under 4sec, it's a well know fact. Closely followed by any rep mobile, then a white van .... :scooter:

Golden rule of hire car driving...

Rev limiter in 1st from cold 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

@Linas.P I was basing it on the interior shot taken from the spotted ISF thread.

Looks like an E Class interior.

It looks like E63, because it is E63 in that shot.. even hood proves that... however that car is not capable 0-60 in 3.2s. it is 3.5, E63 S is 3.4 for 0-62... converted to 0-60 that is 3.4s and 3.3s.

Going further - there is Godzilla with 2.8s... 

17 hours ago, Linas.P said:

If he would have done 1 more step and compared indicated versus GPS speeds and then reached GPS speed using same "frame counting" method... I woudl be happy enough.

And I'm sure he would have been able to sleep easier knowing he made you happy. :tongue_smilie:

11 minutes ago, Martin F said:

And I'm sure he would have been able to sleep easier knowing he made you happy. :tongue_smilie:

Look... I am just saying - if you are doing something, do it right. He made disservice for RC-F by claiming the acceleration it cannot achieve and at the same time failing to eliminate basic errors.

For me it is like those unrealistic adverts which actually deters you from the product instead making you more likely to buy-it... just irritating... 

Nice to see someone so enthusiastic about the brand, lets face it youtube videos about the RCF range from downright stupid to helpful. To me cars that do 0-60 in the 4 to 5 seconds are a good enough a benchmark for me but really don't tell the whole story.

My last car a Mercedes CL65 was pretty quick to 60 but it was the way it took off once on the move that attracted me to it.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2019 at 12:45 PM, Linas.P said:

e.g. same speedometer is fitted to RC200t, 300h, 350 and RC-F - I ten to believe the margin on speedometer will be the same, but because all cars have different engine, gearbox and whee sizes the actual difference on road will be different. Most cars I had were always ~10% over-reading.

This reminds me of that classic thread where we discovered that the parts on an IS-F and an IS220d were about 98.17% interchangeable. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MNMJ said:

This reminds me of that classic thread where we discovered that the parts on an IS-F and an IS220d were about 98.17% interchangeable. 

Which was about right... ~87.19%

On 4/13/2019 at 7:35 PM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

E63 AMG

On 4/14/2019 at 12:37 AM, Linas.P said:

It looks like E63, because it is E63 in that shot.. even hood proves that... however that car is not capable 0-60 in 3.2s. it is 3.5, E63 S is 3.4 for 0-62... converted to 0-60 that is 3.4s and 3.3s.

Going further - there is Godzilla with 2.8s... 

Very good @Linas.P  The IS-F pic is through the E63S windscreen

IMG-8794.JPG

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Nice car and a bit of a change in size form the f. 

Sorry - I wasn't clear, I was driving it. Not bought it.

Epically fast car! Don't play with one in an F! 

• Like 1