Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

On the look out for a 2nd Gen GS as it seems to tick just about every box regard to what im looking for. My one concern is that I need to carry a bike (road bikes and mountain bikes) in it fairly regularly - I'd originally planned to get an estate or hatchback for this reason but none appeal the same as the GS for the price. Does anyone carry a bike in theirs? Do they fit in the boot with a wheel off? I'd guess both wheels off would fit fine? or even in the back with a blanket down.

Presume you not looking for the hybrid, as that boot doesn't even fit my cars wheel in (having found out after a recent puncture) without emptying the whole boot and playing some hold and slam shut actions 🤦‍♂️

I have never seen a non hybrid, but would suspect you'd be fine with wheels out. But, let's the pure petrol folks advise for sure.

Good hunting

I did this very occasionally with my 2nd. gen GS but it was some while ago.

With both wheels removed it was possible though it could be messy with an oily chain.

I'm not sure if I could do it with just the front wheel removed. With handle bars slackened so they they can turn to be parallel with the wheels made it possible I think.

I also did it with bike across the back with a blanket. Again being able to turn the bars or better remove them made it easier. This was with a heavy grotty-looking bike (the only sort to have in Oxford if you don't want it nicked). It would be much easier with a lighter machine with QD wheels and saddle.

My neighbour passed me one evening in his Prius taxi as I was labouring up a hill in the rain. He stopped to give me a lift and with back seats down we had no problems loading a bike with panniers and a front basket.

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links