Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airbag warning label

cadman2k

Has anyone noticed that you have an airbag warning label on each side of the passenger sunvisor. Was thinking although nothing affected when sunvisor not in use but when passenger uses the visor you can see this rather large warning label from outside the car. Not really asthetically pleasing in reality. Anyone removed these labels from their sunvisors and is it an easy removal. Assuming no law against removing one of them? 

Do other cars in the lexus range carry dual warning labels on the passenger sunvisor. 

God forbid you ever end up in a crash situation in your motor and need extricating by the Fire & Rescue Service because these labels are an indication to the rescuers where Not to cut the vehicle to release any entrapped occupants!

If any manufactures warning labels were to knowingly be removed and then if a rescuer was to be injured while trying to extricate anybody from that vehicle unaware of this fact then a claim may be forth coming from the Firefighters solictors!

paul m. 

Not sure you are thinking about the same labels... The labels I refer appear to be simply warning labels warning against when putting babies/ kids in passenger seat then referring to manual for further info... Likely advising to switch off airbag... See attached showing the label on both sides of sun visor.. 

IMG_20190224_190652.jpg

IMG_20190224_190659.jpg

Right......

Those labels are exactly what they show... A warning Not to fit rear facing child seats in that position

so I appreciate you are the owner/driver of the car now but what about any subsequent owner or even a friend/family member who borrowed your car and may fit a rear facing child seat ?

paul m.

I agree with that observation although the car would not go to anyone under current ownership but down the line then yes, it's an issue. My view is that there are other ways to still get this safety message across as other manufacturers do by having this label around the glove box area.  Whilst the visor is up and not used then from the outside this label is not seen., I still feel that with visor in use then from the outside it looks a bit strange to see this good sized warning label across the windscreen as it is serving no purpose as only visible from outside the car which defeats its original purpose. I am interested to know if other models across the lexus range have these labels on each side of the passenger visor as is on the CT. 

I can see from a safety perspective the reason for the labels is that they can be no doubt that they have shown the message when either the visor is not in use or in use as with having 2 labels it is always visible from inside the car. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an advocate for a super nanny state but some people need slightly Larger warning labels than others ( and I don't mean for optical reasons!)

Also manufactures have to fit these labels ( they prob would not out of choice) under certain regulation requirements.

note: it is prob a quite substantial sticker and may leave a right mess is removed!

Paul m.

Actually I'm with cadman on this one. We have the same in our GS450h. 

There are two stickers - one on each side of the sunvisor. Whether the sunvisor is deployed or stowed there is a LARGE BOLD AND BRIGHT warning sticker visible in the cabin. I personally feel that this rather spoils the otherwise refined cabin ambience of the GS. I too have wondered about removing at least the one that is visible when the visor is stowed. 

HJ reckons there may be liability if the car is sold on without the sticker in place. 

However, if one is left in place then I can't see it being an issue - even safety and liability obsessed Volvo did not fit 2 stickers in my V70 (only one visible when the visor was deployed:

http://www.askisaac.com/images/vsale/_19s.JPG

fit a sunstrip on the windscreen this will hide the label when the visor is in use.

here is a picture of my windscreen the strip is a little awkward to see

with the reflections though.

sun visor.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links