Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2013 GS 450H BRAKE DISC

Ragzv6

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket slotted brake disc that are the same size as the factory ones??

i brought and fitted some aftermarket ones but there smaller at 334mm because of this the bottom surface of the disc has no contact with the pads leaving the coating still on which just looks dodgy, not to mention over time when the top part wears down it will just be a mess

Surely, even though they are aftermarket ones I would expect them to be same physical Size as OEM knowing that something gotta give in quality of construction and quality control standards for attractive price but Size?

Paul m.

• Like 1

Everywhere I have checked sell the same size one I purchased which is 334mm height. After measuring the original it comes out at about 360mm. They do function fine but further down the line It will not perform as well due to staggering. 

As Shahpor said - you need the 356mm disc. 

Please please please do not drive the vehicle another metre with the incorrect brake discs - if a stone or other piece of debris were to get lodged between the pads in the area above the disc (where the 356mm disc should be but the 334mm disc does not reach to) then it could prevent the brakes from being applied. The vehicle is currently in a dangerous condition and must not be driven. This may also invalidate your insurance (as the current brake configuration is not manufacturer approved). 

Alternatively you can replace the caliper carrier brackets to utilise the 334mm disc correctly - however, this would require explaining to your insurance company why you have down-graded the braking system on a 340bhp 1850kg saloon car (and good luck with that one). 

I have the f sport model. I’m aware of the size I just wanted to know if I could get slotted version elsewhere if not looks like I will be going to the dealer. 

The only reason why I changed it was because the disc were real rusty around the outer edge and there was a clicking sound from my brakes. 

Lesson learnt the hard way. I need to get them replaced now 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hi Lee,

Good idea going to the main dealer.

Have they given you a price?

It cost me £345 all in to get my front brakes replaced, which turned out to be a very good deal when you look up the parts prices online.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply just had lots going on. So it cost me £670 including discs, pads, shim kit, the part that holds the pads in place, the slide in pole and the clip. I personally feel it’s a bit much and feel extorted. Can anyone confirm this price is about right? I had the E350 before and that cost me around the 400£ which is reasonable. 

But on a positive note I probably won’t have to have them changed again for a while. 

I had my brakes serviced a couple of weeks ago. All discs and pads were changed and with fitting £538. The old discs had done 170,000 and the pads had done 70,000 miles. so no complaints there, and what a difference it has made to the braking system.

13 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

I had my brakes serviced a couple of weeks ago. All discs and pads were changed and with fitting £538. The old discs had done 170,000 and the pads had done 70,000 miles. so no complaints there, and what a difference it has made to the braking system.

I assume the price difference means they didn’t change your shims and pins etc but you had them fitted by Lexus aswell right?my brakes are making a clicking noise so I thought I should change the whole lot and hope that resolves it

Just the front, basically all the pins, brackets and clips in the Caliper got changed. But this price is just for parts as I fitted it all myself. I will think it’s a bit hefty though since I have heard of people getting them changed by Lexus for cheaper

Well, as I stated earlier, the dealer changed my fronts for £345.  I think they literally replaced just the discs and pads, but that seem like an awful lot to pay for some accessories?  Did you enquire as to how much it would have been fitted?

Even That seems like a fair price considering you had them fitted aswell. For this price I wouldn’t even get the disc as they charged me nearly 500£. I think there’s definitely something fishy going on. I would have thought the 3 pieces that go being the pads came in a set but they charged me separately for each individual clip and pin. £27.60 just for the 2 little metal bars that slides into the back of the pads n calipers is a bit excessive. I’m sure there must be a error. I didn’t ask them for fitting price no as I wanted to do it myself having peace of mind knowing everything was definitely cleaned and changed properly.

It could possibly be that parts are more expensive in different parts of the country but I would be surprised if that’s the case. I think I need to contact Lexus to discuss this further as I don’t feel I got a fair price compared to what everyone is saying they have paid. I understand that it might be a bit more expensive than other brands considering they get shipped from Japan and that’s fair enough but based on the price others have paid compared to what I have just paid is overly excessive and am not happy.

This is really making me reconsider owning such a car because even though Lexus might be a reliable car, it’s looking like there will be a hefty price to pay if something goes wrong. I think I need to actually experience how reliable this car will be before I can make a decision. 

So I have spoken to Lexus and it seems like prices vary depending on location. I will have to bite the bullet on this occasion and hope nothing else needs replacing. Lexus quoted me £870 odd quid to have it fitted which is a bit extreme  as it’s not even a gsf so I dread to think what it would cost to maintain a gsf 😱

Which dealer was it that supplied you the parts/fitted quote?

Regardless, it would definitely be worth your while to make a trip up the M4 to Reading then if the price difference for the same job is that much different.

I got the parts from the Edware road store but I have rung several other Lexus dealerships near and far including reading and they have all come back with the same price. Possibily because they have seen on there system that I have already purchased the parts so it’s a bit too late now. if anyone has the same car and can get a quote it would be very interesting to know the price you get 

Ok, this might sound silly, but did you ask for just parts or did you enquire about a fitted price as well?

I am beginning to wonder if the dealer made a mistake with the cost of mine now..

Only parts. Labour charge is £180 an hour and it’s a hour and a half job. 

I have just fitted it all today so there’s no going back now I just have to bite the bullet on this 1.

It might be the case that as u had it done at the same time you got the alloys and paintwork sorted you got a discount

I didn't get mine done at the same time as the alloys and paint work.  The alloys weren't done by Lexus (the dealer just paid for it) and the paint was done by Lexus Sidcup.

I booked my car in because of juddering under braking and the brakes were diagnosed as a potential problem.  Since they didn't have much life left in them anyway, I decided to change them anyway and it solved the problem.

I am curious to know now if any other 450h F Sport or Premier owner has had their front brakes replaced by a main dealer?

Oh right ok. Was this long after purchasing the car?

there must be others that have had this so some input would really help to clear things up. 

by the way has the premier model got the special button under the accelerator pedal which turns the car into a rocket 😎

I bought the car at the end of Sept and the brakes were done at the end of January, so 4 months after purchase.

If you mean the kick down switch under the accelerator, then yes, it most certainly has :smile: It also has the Sport+ AVS suspension, so a good little run down the twisty roads was had today :smile:

It could be that you purchased from dealer so gave you a discount as a good will. 

I only realised it existed when I raced my mates S63 and whilst he was wheel spinning I was bye bye both on stand still and rolling start i was quite shocked lol