Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2013 GS 450H BRAKE DISC

Ragzv6

Well, I bought the car from Lexus Sidcup and it was Lexus Reading that did the brakes, so I am not sure.  They are part of the same group, but that is seriously good customer service if it is the case.

Yep, took me a few days to discover the kick down :smile: I love the mid range - the way it goes from 60-100mph is very impressive.

count yourself lucky, u got a absolute bargain. 

Yes definitely great all rounder. People underestimate the capability of this car and It really deserves more recognition. Best car I have owned by far. It’s just amazing bit of engineering so much more refined and advanced than these competitors

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone know where I can find any information on a minimum rear brake discs thickness? Premier Model I have with rear ones being 310x22mm.

I plan to skim them if the thickness allow it.

John, I have checked the manual and didn't find any information on it. 🙂

• 1 month later...

This thread reminds me of something that always holds true. A £55k car when new that is purchased for say £12k many years down the line still has the running costs of a £55k car in terms of repairs and consumables etc. It’s easy to think well I’ve bought a luxury car for the price of a nearly new Fiesta but the running costs are never ever the same.

• Like 2

Some things can be prolonged in service some can't and need to be replaced. 

At the end of the day I had to buy a new set of discs and pads as rear discs were heavily corroded. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 10:18 AM, Vlady said:

Does anyone know where I can find any information on a minimum rear brake discs thickness? Premier Model I have with rear ones being 310x22mm.

I plan to skim them if the thickness allow it.

John, I have checked the manual and didn't find any information on it. 🙂

Normally the minimum thickness is stamped on the rotor somewhere so worth double checking but it seems to be 20.5 mm.

image.thumb.png.74ffb4d841a0a1f8cf539f9acb50eb76.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Colin, the discs were so corroded that I could see nothing stamped on it, plus average thickness was about 20.5mm. Luckily rear discs and pads are not that expensive (£160) compared to front ones at £470!

• Like 1