Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation and manuals

I pick my NX up next week and have been browsing the online manuals. I’ve noticed a section that states the nav can display speed camera warnings. Is this standard on premium nav or do you need to download them from somewhere.

I’ve also read that you don’t get supplied with physical manuals and have to use the online versions. I’m one of those who is actually sad enough to rtfm and would much prefer paper copies. Are they available from anywhere?

You can make a request to your Dealer for a hard copy of the manual.

As for the speed warning, it displays a camera icon and there is an audible tone to let you know about a speed camera up ahead.

• Thanks 1

The only manual I got from the dealer was the basic user guide, the sat nav manual came about three weeks after delivery. They wouldn't help with the owners hard copy manual. I contacted Lexus uk and after four weeks I eventually got  a copy of the full manual. It's cost saving being disguised as being kind to the environment.

Apart from that the sat nav multimedia system is the worst I have ever experienced. Yesterday it crashed three times on a thirty minute journey and by the time i arrived home I only had about eight radio stations available after the third reset. With luck they'll fix the electronic problems I've had lately at it's first service next week. 

I actually find the best nav method in the car is to use the position of the sun and stars, its more reliable. 😀😀 good luck Paul  and enjoy your NX

• Like 1