Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

eStore doesn't do anything! here's why

So, after a few days of wondering what the apps/eStore did I raised a customer support case with Lexus.

After a few days of sending them photos of it not working I finally got an official response:

Thank you for your email.

I do apologise for the inconvenience with your case.

The e-Store application within your multimedia system is currently inactive as it has not been launched within our multimedia systems.

This is currently being looked into with our developers who are investigating this particular matter with the e-Store.

We are not aware of any timeframe of when it will be launched however as soon as it has been launched, we will aim to contact you with any updates.

Thank you for contacting Lexus (GB).

Wow. I have to say, I'd expected better than what amounts to "yeah, it doesn't work yet. We know about that'

12 minutes ago, davecozens said:

Wow. I have to say, I'd expected better than what amounts to "yeah, it doesn't work yet. We know about that'

What else can they say? 

It does exactly what it says on the tin - they do know that it's there and that it's not yet active so how else could they put it?

It may even be one of those things that's active in other countries but not the UK and perhaps never will be.

1 minute ago, Herbie said:

What else can they say? 

It does exactly what it says on the tin - they do know that it's there and that it's not yet active so how else could they put it?

It may even be one of those things that's active in other countries but not the UK and perhaps never will be.

I work in IT development. What you normally do with something that doesn't work because it's not turned on yet is not show it.

That way nobody wastes time trying to work out why it doesn't work, submitting pointless support requests to the manufacturer. and making frustrated posts on owners forums.

It's the IT equivalent of having a big red button labelled "click here" on the dash that doesn't do anything 

It's bad UX and I've have expected better TBH

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I notice that there was an update to the eStore on my NX300h.  It downloaded (via my home wifi) and installed fine.  Apparently it will download purchases from Lexus.

Anyway - it now works, not sure what if anything I'll use it for though!

1 hour ago, Centre100 said:

I notice that there was an update to the eStore on my NX300h.  It downloaded (via my home wifi) and installed fine.  Apparently it will download purchases from Lexus.

Anyway - it now works, not sure what if anything I'll use it for though!

No change with mine.  The software update was a while ago (weeks) but still nothing showing although it now takes an age retrieving data before displaying zip.  The info page does say this is the place to download apps and there’s an empty £ symbol in the corner of the page.  It does appear though that something is coming.  Be nice to come with apple CarPlay too.😕

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links