Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is there a LS600h buying guide here?

Sorry, can't find one.

I am used to big engine cars and have previously enjoyed a LS400 and GS430 (loved that car!) but now I think it's time for the Daddy and a LS600h is very much top of the list.

However I am a bit nervous, mainly about the hybrid drive (batteries??) as I've never had one and of course air suspension is always a concern. Plus some I have seen for sale have astronomical mileage, are these cars good for 300k without too much fuss??

Any and all advice is gratefully received!

David

18 hours ago, Malc said:

I guess the stellar miles that we see advertised is testament itself to the quality of the Ls600 

Malc

But those miles are coming at a price the suspension and running gear as been well used and as good as these cars are it will show on high mileage models also the batteries are going to fail eventually with constant charge and recharge that end come nearer the more use thy are put to.

Having owned a ls400 mark 1 and run that from 50K to nearly 190k I noticed the difference both financially and in the feel of the car.that feeling was amplified when I got my 19k mark4 .

So yes they are a quality build that are going to last the test of time but you do not want one at the end of its good spell.

15 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

but you do not want one at the end of its good spell.

...  like any car one might buy then

just that the Ls600 does actually reach stellar miles with expected servicing and maintenance ..........  nothing ever comes cheap, especially luxury motoring ...  and it's sure going to be less expensive to maintain than a Bentley or a Rolls or maybe any other comparable marque

Buying a Ls600 sure won't be like maintaining a Fiat 500 eh !:yahoo:                      ( or for that matter a Ls400 :biggrin: )

Malc

What are peoples experiences of the Hybrid versions of the LS with respect to the Battery pack and hybrid drive-train reliability?
I know there are not many on here with LS600h models but would be interesting to hear their experiences as that may be my next move once I've worn out my 430. 😀