Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 IS220D Cuts out on code P0093 exessive fuel loss

Hi 

I am new to the forum but I have my IS220D since 2016 and has been running like a dream. Recently I started noticing that it was cranking for long before firing up. Three lights came up on the dash i.e 1st Engine management traction controlI and VSC. I managed to get it home then  cleaned the egr that was very blocked after it had platter ed and went into limp mode on the motor way . Last week I could start with easy start and let it warm up then I would drive off ok. But I started off without warming it up I would cut off a few times until it got to temperature.. one day I had to call RAC and the operative did a diagnostic check and history and concluded that there is only one code P0093 that keeps coming and it stands for big leak on the fuel system. I have looked over and no leaks were found. I have even changed the notorious fuel filter and it still has the same issues. I need help.as the dealership could suck me dry for this. There could be an easy fix , please help.

Sounds very similar to recent thread on 220D over 130K miles.

Possibly an injector leaking fuel into a cylinder when it shouldn't. Check the oil level - if there's any sign of it rising then take action immediately.

Thanks Johnatg 

I will check out all you suggested this weekend and report back

By the way is it fairly straight forward to remove and inspect the injectors without causing any damages to the existing ones?