Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Voice command does it exist on the NX300h

I had problems with the voice control for the first month and was very frustrated that this didn’t work. Eventually I got it to work by shouting at the top of my voice which obviously wasn’t the answer. After further investigation I eventually found out was that I was asking at a too slower speed for it to understand me. I now find speaking at a faster speed I actually gets a response every time. This worked for me hopefully it will work for you.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 6:07 PM, jbi507 said:

have you tired the on board tutorial, I've managed to get it working albeit its not as good as google assistant

Onboard tutorial? - How do you access it? - Or is it only available on the facelifted version?

• 1 month later...

Just got an NX after I sold my CT. that could be awkward too (tomtom version in that), til I spent time fiddling with it. This seems the same. Mine’s a luxury spec. I haven’t found an on board tutorial. All it did when I pushed the button with a pic of a face was tell me there wasn’t anything set up. The book didn’t help either. Solved by fiddling again. Go to setup, telephone, scroll to contact/call history settings, voice tag. Click on that and you get three options - new, edit and delete (once you’re I’ve added some anyway). Select me and it should take you to your contacts from the phone (mine’s an Iphone so can’t assist with other makes I’m afraid - I’m guessing it’s similar). Select a contact, which takes you to their numbers, lean the toggle thing back to the left and there’s the option to record the name your u want the car to recognise, then press the return back button. Should work like that for each one then. Hope that all makes sense and works for you (if you’ve not already sorted it by now...👍🏻

2 hours ago, Albertbigndaft said:

Edited version - should read better I think...

Just got an NX after I sold my CT. That could be awkward too (tomtom version in that), til I spent time fiddling with it. This seems the same. Mine’s a luxury spec if that helps. I haven’t found an on board tutorial. All it did when I pushed the button with a pic of a face on the steering wheel was to tell me there wasn’t a voice tag set up. The book didn’t help me either. Solved by fiddling again.

Go to setup, telephone, scroll to contact/call history settings, voice tag.

Click on that and you get three options - new, edit and delete (once you’re I’ve added some anyway).

Select the one you want and it should take you to your contacts from the phone (mine’s an iPhone so can’t assist with other makes I’m afraid - I’m guessing it’s similar). That takes you to their numbers. It shows them all, if you’ve got more than one per contact. Then lean the toggle wheel thing to the left and there’s the option to record the name you want the car to recognise for that contact, then press the return back button.

Should work like that for each one then. Hope that all makes sense and works for you (if you’ve not already sorted it by now...👍🏻