Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Puddle lights

So.. for £15, free postage and a few weeks wait from China these arrived today and, despite being a bit apprehensive about the quality, I must say that I do rather like the way they look and the quality is really good 😊.

Maybe not to everyone's taste but I do like a bit of LED lighting.

All of about 3 mins to fit too.

20190225_182951.jpg

1 hour ago, PRP74 said:

Are these straight forward to fit? Thanks

Yes, very easy.

Lever original out, pull off the connector, place connector on replacement and push replacement into  place - three minutes at the outside.

8 hours ago, matt8 said:

Are they safe? Any issues / potential damage to the car and its electronics?

It's nothing more than a light unit which replaces a light unit.

Yes, they're safe and no, no issues over the 12 months I've had them fitted.

• Like 1

Make sure you buy the ones that are a complete replacement unit... I saw some for sale where you have to drill your existing unit to fit the projector in... that's far too much faff in my opinion. 😊

Any possible issues with these?

Could they cause any bugs in the electrics? Could they blow / damage anything?

I seem to recall some dealer telling a member here that use of LEDs in the system caused significant damage to some electronic part of the car.

35 minutes ago, matt8 said:

Any possible issues with these?

Could they cause any bugs in the electrics? Could they blow / damage anything?

I seem to recall some dealer telling a member here that use of LEDs in the system caused significant damage to some electronic part of the car.

No, I already replied to the same question from you on Tuesday Matt. No problems whatsoever.

They are just one light unit that replaces another light unit, nothing more, nothing less.

The dealer who told you that LEDs could cause significant damage is talking complete rubbish. Thousands of people including myself have changed all their internal bulbs (and some have done external lights too) for LEDs without any sort of problems whatsoever. Even if one was to go full short circuit all that would happen would be a blown fuse, just like if an incandescent bulb were to go short circuit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Herbie said:

No, I already replied to the same question from you on Tuesday Matt. No problems whatsoever.

Missed that, my apologies. Thanks for your input! Glad to hear 12 months good experience.

32 minutes ago, Herbie said:

The dealer who told you that LEDs could cause significant damage is talking complete rubbish. Thousands of people including myself have changed all their internal bulbs (and some have done external lights too) for LEDs without any sort of problems whatsoever. Even if one was to go full short circuit all that would happen would be a blown fuse, just like if an incandescent bulb were to go short circuit.

Was referencing something else another member had told to them. I was suspicious / didn't feel it was plausible, but there's always more insight and something one can learn!

• Like 1