Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300 Spec Differences

I have a Premier with 18 inch wheels in the summer and 17 inch wheels in the winter (I live in Sweden where winter tyres are mandated by law), and I think there is a significant difference in road noise between 18 and 17 inch wheels. I took delivery of my car in December 2017, so it had the the 17 inch winter wheels on at the time, and when I switched to the 18 inch summer wheels at spring time, I was surprised at the difference in noise and a bit disappointed, actually.

There is also a huge difference in feel, but this is mostly (maybe entirely) because of the much softer rubber in the winter tyres. My previous second gen IS had 17 inch rims for both winter and summer tyres, and there was no difference in road noise between those two, but the same huge difference in feel due to the very soft rubber for the winter wheels.

If I didn't care about looks (the Premier wheels look fantastic), I would change my summer wheels to 17 inch.

Interesting that. It seems that Winter and summer tyres emit the same level of noise whereas 18 inch wheels are noisier than 17 inch ones. I would have expected the tyre rubber to make a difference rather than the wheel diameter.

18 hours ago, cruisermark said:

HI Guys

Does anyone have a link to the difference in specs for the IS300h please.

Also is there a big difference in road feel/noise between the standard alloys and the 18 inch ones found on the premier spec?

Many thanks

You don’t say which model year you want. But for 2017/18 cars the Lexus media site has all the details in the press pack.  https://media.lexus.co.uk/

If you are after new 2019 ones then the Lexus website has the details, but for some reason the brochures haven’t been updated yet. The trim and spec is very different to before. The price list in the media site gives the 2019 trim prices.

If you want earlier details probably best to ask giving specific year or questions.

The spec seems to vary a lot between models. Especially if looking at something a few years old.

I wish I had done some more research, but I'm happy with what I have. A reversing camera would be nice

so would voice control, but a lot of the gizmos you don't really need.

I have a 65 plate Advance.

It has leather heater/cooled seats, reversing camera and front/rear parking sensors, standard SatNav (not premier), 17 inch wheels.

I believe the SE is the base model and has fabric seats and no split/folding rear seat. SatNav may be an option and 16 inch wheels and £0 road tax.

I am not sure of the differences between the executive and luxury. Then their is the premier (top spec) and F Sport. or sport.

Hope that helps

Paul

I think attached was the original IS 300h brochure if that helps. The Executive trim was added to the range after this - I have a 64 reg Executive which appears to be the same spec as the Luxury but with the addition of full leather seats (heated but manual adjustment, not electric) and the basic European Sat Nav (the one with the rotary knob and not the premium with the mouse) - also there doesn't appear to be any other options that were available for the Executive (so nothing to look out for if it was spec'd or not) whereas the Luxury had some options that could be added such as full leather electric seats (it came with cloth as standard) and the option of premium navigation (it came with no sat nav as standard).

1368722193Lexus_IS_Long_EN.pdf

When we ordered in 2015 Premier and F sport were top spec. Premier is loaded with pretty much all the toys, memory seats, good sound system. UK cars didn't get heated steering wheel which is annoying. 

The only optional extra was the 'safety pack' this added emergency auto braking, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control. We couldn't find any used cars at the time speced with the safety pack so went custom order- With the safety pack features even today our car feels bang up to date. Should really have been standard features even back in 2015.

17inch wheels were free options instead of 18inchs. We went 17 because of better mpg and I personally didn't like the look of the 18s.