Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS430 as a daily driver

Hello

Was wondering if members are using their LS430 cars as daily drivers? 

Currently I have 2 cars: a daily run about (cheap citroen) and the LS430. However, I can't afford to run 2 cars so I'm thinking of converting the LS430 to LPG and using it as my daily driver. 

I manage to do around 100 miles a week to work and back plus school runs Asda trips etc. So most if not all my driving is local. 

Thanks 

12 minutes ago, Abid221 said:

Hello

Was wondering if members are using their LS430 cars as daily drivers? 

Currently I have 2 cars: a daily run about (cheap citroen) and the LS430. However, I can't afford to run 2 cars so I'm thinking of converting the LS430 to LPG and using it as my daily driver. 

I manage to do around 100 miles a week to work and back plus school runs Asda trips etc. So most if not all my driving is local. 

Thanks 

I do. The only time I don't is if I need the estate for work, but most of the time it's the LS (or Celsior in my case) If I just wanted a daily use car and wasn't too bothered about economy there's no competition!

.....you don't use the 430 as a daily driver??? You're just missing out all round. Sell the frogmobile and use the cash for fuel for the lexus. Don't bother with l.p.g you'll never recoup the money, just enjoy the superior drive.

• Like 2

I do about 100 miles per week commuting  (approx 12K per year for all driving), (400, not 430), never had LPG, not too keen on filling boot with LPG tank or losing spare wheel.

I assume the citreon will be cheap to run until it starts to go wrong, where as 430 if looked after will be going for another decade or so.

To me a no brainer, keep the LS, and just make sure you take it for a motorway burn very now and again to remind the car what it was built for.

• Like 1

I do 400+ miles per week in mine. It's what I bought it for. 3 days a week I commute from Wickford to Crawley and back and the rest is incidental running around, so I spend around 12hrs per week in the LS. The LS is a very nice place to be, even when stuck in the traffic queueing for the Dartford Tunnel. 😎
I average about 24Mpg which is better than my 98 Honda Legend that never got over 22Mpg so cost is about £85 per week on petrol.
I also spend £12 per week on the crossing tolls.

So, you should get a months motoring out of your LS at a cost of £85 per month.
LPG conversion would have to be super cheap to compete with that.

• Like 1

The best thing you can do is convert to LPG. My cars have run on LPG for the past 20 years with my LS400 which I have had for 12 years converted when I first brought her and she has never missed a beat and so much cheaper to run and so much greener for the world we live in. So you lose a small amount of car boot space, how many times do you run around with your boot full. Convert you know it makes sense.

I suppose if you plan to keep the car for many many years then it makes sense to convert to lpg but with the average of a few years ownership it's probably uneconomical to do so unless your annual mileage is huge. Converting are not cheap and you would need to work out how long it would take to make savings. Another way would be to find another LS that has already been converted with a similar value to your own car, there are cars out there. You could have a donut tank installed in the wheel well which wouldn't impede the space in the boot but of course then you'd need to consider the possibility of punctures. There are products that can inflate a tyre enabling you to get to a garage for a repair. So, it's all about the maths.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

I use mine as a daily - I dont do a huge amount of miles but do fairly regular 100 mile return dual carriageway and motorway trips at least once a month - pottering about town I get below 20mpg but It would not pay me to convert to LPG - my last car a Jaguar XJ8 was already converted and I only sold that as it was too small and low to the ground but to sum up I would rather drive the LS than a rattly eurobox. 

I have looked seriously into converting, but it just is not a viable option, and would take too long to pay back, before seeing any saving. Apart from the cost of conversion , it does bring restrictions on Euro Tunnel, which I use, plus the other items already stated. I am not against conversion, and if you have one already converted then happy days, and good luck to you, but not for me.