Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat nav.

Stompe

Hi Stompe

I have a 2013 CT F Sport and  had a satnav upgrade about 18 months ago. 

Cost me, if memory serves, £180 and no, it didn't include speed cameras. Waste of money as it didn't even include a local new road that had been in existence about 2 years prior to the upgrade!!!! Even the spanking new £49K RX Lexus loaned to me, as they buggered up the download, didn't show the new road either.

In the the end, I bought a Thinkware dash cam which includes speed cameras, lane change, distance to car in front warning etc.

What I liked most of all was that the lady announces there is a speed camera ahead and what the designated speed is.

I appreciate some woman nagging every few miles may be a PITA but at least it makes you aware 

I purchased from the RAC as a member and it cost me just over 300 quid installed.

Doesnt have a screen but works on wi fi to your phone.

Hope this info is of some use.

Regards

• Like 1

Thanks very much for your comment, very informative. I did have a suspicion it might not have speed cameras on because I had an update on a Prius and like you say new roads was not shown. I just thought it might have been different being a Lexus with premium navigation. 

Cheers Steve 

On 2/26/2019 at 10:17 PM, rayofsunshinegbr said:

In the the end, I bought a Thinkware dash cam which includes speed cameras, lane change, distance to car in front warning etc.

May I ask which Thinkware model you chose and why you chose it over the others? - Their range seems comprehensive...

• Like 1

Hi Dan

I chose the F800 Pro as it had the ability to install a rear view cam as well as using parking mode that would shut down if Battery power was low (lengthy parking time).

I had it fitted by  the RAC suppler who did  a really good job at hiding all the cables and wiring in to parking mode.

They gave me a demonstration once installed

Only downside was I had to wait 2 weeks for an appointment

Link to RAC Shop below

https://www.racshop.co.uk/thinkware-f800-dash-cam.html

Hope this helps

Ray

• Like 1

It's pretty rubbish really. My wife picked up a new Qashqai yesterday with upgraded TomTom Nav system. Haven't used it in anger yet but it connects to the house wifi and updates itself.

How hard can it be?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links