Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2018 IS300h Executive Loan Car

Whilst my RX450h is having its wheels refurbished i am using a 2018 IS300h Executive loan car.. Having previously owned a 2014 IS300h f Sport i am no stranger to the breed.

Firstly i have to say that this model rides far better than my F Sport did and the seats are more comfortable on a long journey. In 2 days I have so far covered just over 300 miles on less than half a tank of petrol. The computer has been giving me an average of just under 55mpg so a pretty good consumption. Build quality is excellent ,the car having covered around 5,700 miles there are no rattles or creaks anywhere. The navigation system is awkward to use and my trusty Tomtom sits on the screen doing its job admirably.

The speed limit camera fitted to the IS like others of its ilk should not be relied upon. i am sure that there isn't a 100mph speed limit in Kidderminster despite what the car says....

One thing I have noticed which may be down to this later models aggressive styling is that everyone wants to overtake and then test the radar cruise controls braking efficiency.

Still I got my own back yesterday when on a stretch of road I know will have a mobile speed camera. a BMW Mini came blasting past me and then decided he needed to pull in too late -you've got it the camera van was there.

That is the 2nd time in a week some numpty has overtaken me into the jaws of 3 penalty points! - on the same stretch of road.

All in all a nicely screwed together car , but the lack of auto folding mirrors and electric seat adjustment does seem a bit off on a car of this calibre.

• Thanks 1

Having also had an IS300h as a courtesy car I'm stumped as to why so many people seem to favour bland German diesels. It wouldn't do for me as a choice - too low and the foot operated handbrake is a deal breaker for somebody with a duff left leg - but generally it is a fine vehicle. Quiet, economical, beautifully made and refreshingly different.

• Like 1

Well in four days I have driven 640 miles. 

Fuel consumption has been great. Average consumption has been in excess of 52mpg over this mileage according to the computer. Was expecting to get my car back today but was surprised to learn that my wheels won't be back with the dealer until late Tuesday. I pointed out that I was putting starship mileage on the loan car and the answer was'that's what they're for'. 

That is why I love Lexus. 😍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 5:59 PM, First_Lexus said:

Having also had an IS300h as a courtesy car I'm stumped as to why so many people seem to favour bland German diesels. It wouldn't do for me as a choice - too low and the foot operated handbrake is a deal breaker for somebody with a duff left leg - but generally it is a fine vehicle. Quiet, economical, beautifully made and refreshingly different.

I like the foot operated hand brake . The German cars are boring and common now 

My IS300h is a late 2016 model and I love it. However as an Executive model it doesn’t have a reverse camera which I sorely miss. Seats are manual and wing mirrors don’t have auto fold and open. 

I can live with that but really wanted a reverse camera. Got a ridiculous quote from somewhere in Cambridge for over £800 to which I said no thanks.