Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intermediate Service Price

I need to get service done on for 2014 F Sports Is300h with a Main dealers stamp

I am based in portsmouth, 

Can you guys recommend the cheapest place .

Also what should be included in service it’s at 65K.

Last one was 57K Full service as per book from main dealer ( March 2018).

Thanks

Edited by LovingLexus
Addition

Just now, LovingLexus said:

I need to get service done on for 2014 F Sports Is300h with a Main dealers stamp

I am based in portsmouth, 

Can you guys recommend the cheapest place .

Thanks

Lexus (in theory) operate a fixed price service across all dealers and so assuming you want a Lexus dealer stamp - see https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/# scroll down the page and you can enter the car to see the schedule - here is a screen grab for IS 300h:

image.thumb.png.65c77ee8b69df551c3679075e9603cd1.png

Not sure if others have managed to negotiate anything off these prices though

There is also Lexus Essential Care for cars over 5 years old - see further on down the same page - the IS 300h prices aren't on the website yet for that but earliest IS 300h cars should now be in this category - some debate over whether this gives a stamp or not in the book - some say dealers stamp the book and others that they don't 

• Like 1

Spark plugs are supposed to be changed at 60,000 miles, which puts up the price of the 60,000 mile service.

Inchcape is now showing prices for Essential Care on its website - £645 for normal 60,000 mile service; £355 for Essential Care. (Click here for the website.) The difference being so great makes me wonder if the Essential Care includes the spark plugs. You may not be near an Inchcape dealer but you can use their prices for information.

As you had a major service last time, perhaps what you need is an intermediate service, plus the spark plugs, which are based on mileage rather than time. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

Spark plugs are supposed to be changed at 60,000 miles, which puts up the price of the 60,000 mile service.

Inchcape is now showing prices for Essential Care on its website - £645 for normal 60,000 mile service; £355 for Essential Care. (Click here for the website.) The difference being so great makes me wonder if the Essential Care includes the spark plugs. You may not be near an Inchcape dealer but you can use their prices for information.

As you had a major service last time, perhaps what you need is an intermediate service, plus the spark plugs, which are based on mileage rather than time. 

OPs particular car will be on the mileage schedule, not the yearly schedule.

Therefore I would suspect the last full service was a Full 60k which would include the spark plugs. 

OP just needs an intermediate  70k service with no additional work. Essential care does not include spark plugs - they are about £150-200 to get done on a 300h

• Like 1

I would check what was done at the last major service - I would assume it was a 60K mile one and if so then spark plugs would have been changed - you can sign up to My Lexus and then see all Lexus services etc. that have been carried out and what was replaced etc.https://www.lexus.co.uk/my-lexus/registration/

My understanding was that Essential services did not include spark plugs, but could be wrong.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rayaans said:

OPs particular car will be on the mileage schedule, not the yearly schedule.

Therefore I would suspect the last full service was a Full 60k which would include the spark plugs. 

OP just needs an intermediate  70k service with no additional work. Essential care does not include spark plugs - they are about £150-200 to get done on a 300h

Interesting looking at the Essential Care service prices - seems to be about £90 cheaper than the intermediate service costs but then for the majors varies quite a bit so that probably accounts for chargeable items not included in Essential Care (like spark plugs and various filters that say chargeable on Essential Care but included on normal servicing) - if those are added back in my guess is that Essential Care is again about £100 cheaper than full service costs. With an Extended Warranty I don't think you can take Essential Care though.

• Like 1

Really don't know why you guys are still bothering with main dealers. 

Just had our IS serviced at local independent, £220 all in.

Oh 4 OEM spark plugs are £50, and will be a 20min job max.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links