Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service Plan - National

NX2019

Does anyone have experience of having a service plan which allows you to take your car to any service centre for servicing and not just the dealer or dealer group that you bought the service plan from?

I'm just encountering this very thing and no, service plans are not national but dealer-specific.

Although we bought our car from Lexus Teeside we live in Preston, Lancashire, about 110 miles away but due to the route, a journey of over two hours.

My nearest Lexus dealership was Bolton (about 30 minutes away) but for various reasons we decided to take out extended warranty and a service plan with Teeside because they're absolutely brilliant to deal with. I also love driving the car so a four-hour round trip wasn't exactly a hardship or a journey that I dreaded  😁

Anyway, a few days ago, a brand new Lexus dealership opened up here in Preston and going to Teeside does seem a little bit silly now, so I rang Teeside to see if the warranty and service plan could be transferred. I found out that the warranty indeed can be, because it's a national thing, but the service plan couldn't be transferred because they are individual to the specific dealership and I would have to cancel the Teeside one and take out a new one with Preston.

I was also told to "see what they could do price-wise" because, due to the individuality of dealers and the various deals they could arrange, it may prove to make economic sense to stay with Teeside if Preston couldn't match prices, even taking the fuel and time into account.

They're not national but dealer group specific.

As Lexus Preston is part of the Vantage group, you can buy the plan from Lexus Leeds, Birmingham or Preston and use them at either

• Like 1

They're not national but dealer group specific.
As Lexus Preston is part of the Vantage group, you can buy the plan from Lexus Leeds, Birmingham or Preston and use them at either
Odd, because I have a national plan. I asked for it after previously ending up with a Sheffield plan living in Lincoln.

They are available.

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links