Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey all. Just a quick question with a slight twist. I've looked on the forum but can't find (Specifically) what I'm looking for. I'm picking up an X reg, 2000 LS430 in a couple of weeks and I'm itching to get back to keyless! my question is though, is it possible to program a new style Lexus smart key to the old LS? I've programmed loads of keys for various Lexi's but never a smart key. Just want to know if it could be done before I buy a used fob. Thanks 😄

Hi J

You may be able to program the buttons to unlock and lock the car provided you have a working master key

The smart entry and start can only be done by a lexus dealer.

There has been people mentioning here that it can be done yourself via techstream but I haven't come across a post where someone has done it definitively using this method.

If you already have techstream then give it a try - if you haven't then proceed with caution and do plenty of homework before buying the software and cable. I bought it and found the latest version (12 I think) doesn't even have smart programming option - that's after I spent days getting the software to work buying windows 7 laptop etc etc

Hey thanks for your reply and the information. Yeah I read about US keys not working so staying well clear of them. Also heard of techstream but not sure if it’s worth the hassle. As you said though, further homework to be done on this. Would also like to have push button start rather than turning the ignition ring but that’s for another day haha. Thanks again for your help!