Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery monitor

I don’t think I’m imagining this, but for the last few days my traction Battery monitor doesn’t seem to be updating bar movements as regularly as before  

It used to show the bars moving up & down as the Battery discharged & charged but now seems to hardly change at all, even though all the blue/red/orange arrows appear to be responding normally  

I’ve proved that the monitor is actually working by driving in EV mode round some quiet roads, and it did finally show a discharge, and the recharged again. But in normal driving it seems to hold steady at the same bar numbers much more so than usual

Is this just a feature of the weather warming up a bit? No change in MPG or anything to indicate there’s an issue though  

117754B8-35EB-48E1-8A3B-FE8C708B3672.jpeg

No particular issue, the car will swap from charge/load/drain/recharge at will and to suit the complex algorithm that Lexus/Toyota have programmed. There are probably loads of different parameters that are looked at and considered, some obvious (temp outside, temp of car, load, throttle position etc) other not so obvious . I can think of temp of Battery pack, cell discharge value, time since last major load/drain situation, the current draw of ancillary devices etc etc etc, there are probably lots of others too.

Often when driving on the motorway, mine shows the Battery at mid charge level for hours.  Other times it shows it nearly full and sometimes near minimum. I've given up worrying about it and just let it do its thing.

• Like 1

i have also noticed this.

first thing in the morning i can drive and run the Battery down

then after a bit of driving the Battery level hasn't increased

then suddenly it will jump up a few bars in one go.

• Thanks 1

The feature that I've noticed recently on cold mornings is that the traction Battery displays only about 50 percent charge instead of the normal 70 or so. It only takes 3-5 miles to get to the usual 80 percent so no problem but I do wonder whether the charge measurement is via a simple voltmeter with no account being taken of the Battery temperature. Sounds too simple for a Lexus, I know.

• Thanks 1

Just dont pay much attention to that Battery indicator. Its got a mind of its own. When I got my car so many times i looked at it and sometimes driving on any type of roads it would just stay full, sometimes it would go down and up real quick, depends on the way you drive and loads of external factors i guess, like weather, temperature, hot or cold engine, fast driving or slow, too many to list. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links