Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have an RX300  742 - 2001. The owners manual oes not give any diagram for the fuse box, and the lid of the box shows a few named fuses, but not the one that operates for the cigar lighter.  as this is the only place to plug in phones or dashcams, it is an important failure.  None of the images I can find online shows the layout of the fusebox for the RX300 of 2001.   Does anyone know which is which?

2 hours ago, John Warren said:

Hi Herbs . . . many thanks, but the fuse box on my RX300 does not look anything like the diagram you sent . . . it's the same with any diagram I can find on the Net . . .

Help!

OK, well in that case then, all you can do is to buy yourself a multimeter and then pull each fuse out in turn to check it for continuity. Of course, it may not be a blown fuse that's the problem but maybe a broken wire somewhere.

Cheapo multimeters can be had for under a tenner but even very decent ones can be bought for less than £30. Have a look at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=multimeter

John

My 98 Camry Sport had a similar problem when I first bought it and after a lot of testing it turned out to be a micro fuse on the rear of the actual socket.

Paul

Edited by Sherra
delete file

19 minutes ago, John Warren said:

Hi Herbie . . . as it happens, the fuse concerned is in the 'secondary' fuse box in the drivers footwell . . . !

Found it - many thanks.

Glad you've found it John