Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 on Gumtree - What do you think

Hi, seen this LS400 for sale on Gumtree. Looks decent to me and in white (which I quite like). Would be interested in what you guys think or maybe someone knows about the car?

Thanks in advance

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/lexus-ls400-white-automatic-petrol-1995-saloon-car/1329175624

It looks very nice in the photos for sure.  As long as it drives perfectly (as it should) and the transmission is smooth and changes almost unnoticeably, then the main thing that could cause you some major expense will be the suspension components, ie control arms.  There should be no knocks or bangs over bumps and rough roads. Plus you want proof of a cam belt change.

30 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

It looks very nice in the photos for sure.  As long as it drives perfectly (as it should) and the transmission is smooth and changes almost unnoticeably, then the main thing that could cause you some major expense will be the suspension components, ie control arms.  There should be no knocks or bangs over bumps and rough roads. Plus you want proof of a cam belt change.

Thanks for the advice, the car is 200 miles from where I live so hopefully it will be worth the journey. For the mileage it looks a pretty good price but I'll find out more at the weekend all being well.

3 hours ago, Razor61 said:

Hi, seen this LS400 for sale on Gumtree. Looks decent to me and in white (which I quite like). Would be interested in what you guys think or maybe someone knows about the car?

Thanks in advance

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/lexus-ls400-white-automatic-petrol-1995-saloon-car/1329175624

Looks well cared for but a little bit top book on price despite the mileage go for 1500 but don't lose it for the difference use the cambelt as bargaining chip if no proof of renewal,bearing in mind it will need changing if the car as done ten years since last change.

I believe the steering wheel motors, (tilt/retract) can often be repaired on the MK3 but make sure they both work as that can also be a bargaining point. Also check the boot for damp, and any signs of leakage around the power steering pump lines. And listen carefully for exhaust leaks around the cat end. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Well, I have some more information after speaking to the seller. Cambelt etc needs doing as it's not been done I'm told (I'd do this myself) but there is damage to one of the wings where a slate fell from a roof and hit the wing. I can't remember which wing (front or rear) or how bad but I've asked for some pictures. The colour is Pearl White which I really like and it's not common as far as I can tell. Yes it looks grubby inside but that doesn't put me off. I'll see if I get some pictures and take it from there.

I see no mention of any service history, have a good look on line on the MOT history always a good guide on how it has been looked after.

Got the pics of the wing damage and it's right on the top of the drivers wing. Not really bad damage but it's not something I want to get involved repairing. I'll continue looking and have found a 1996 in gold which has only done 61,000 miles and it's close to where I live so will have a look at the weekend.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links