Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What covered on Major Service

Hi Team 

Thanks for all the help on my previous post. 

I am looking for a link to compare what's covered or included on Major Service on IS300H 60K. 2014 ( As compared to full/ intermediate service )

Thanks 

On 3/4/2019 at 11:55 PM, LovingLexus said:

Hi Team 

Thanks for all the help on my previous post. 

I am looking for a link to compare what's covered or included on Major Service on IS300H 60K. 2014 ( As compared to full/ intermediate service )

Thanks 

spark plugs mainly

I have a print out saying what is covered and Spark Plugs are not on it.

My car is approaching 40k service which cost £495 at Lexus and I was thinking spark plugs are included in this price to justify it and if they don't why is it so expensive?

Planning to pop in to Lexus Glasgow to find out what is the deal.

I've also just had a major service (a 4 year one) and I don't believe plugs were changed.

I know that years ago when I serviced my own cars, that I would change the plugs (and points) every year.

When they were Four for £1  🙂

It doesn't seem to a thing that is done nowadays. Unless a diagnostic says they need changing.

3 hours ago, Vlady said:

My car is approaching 40k service which cost £495 at Lexus and I was thinking spark plugs are included in this price to justify it and if they don't why is it so expensive?

spark plugs are changed at 60k not 40k

The 60k service is the big one including spark plugs hence why its £700+ 

The £495 will include all the filters and oils at Lexus standard price which is probably around £100 in total. Then the rest will be due to visual checks with labour being set at £140-150 an hour which is the normal main dealer sort of labour charge

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

The £495 will include all the filters and oils at Lexus standard price which is probably around £100 in total. Then the rest will be due to visual checks with labour being set at £140-150 an hour which is the normal main dealer sort of labour charge

If it is just fluids, filters and checks is it worth it to go to dealership?! I can use my mechanic (probably) for half the price, especially I won't be taking their 2 year warranty. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vlady said:

If it is just fluids, filters and checks is it worth it to go to dealership?! I can use my mechanic (probably) for half the price, especially I won't be taking their 2 year warranty. 

Well that depends on how much you value Lexus full service history

As you're car is listed as 2013, its over 5 years old, you may as well go for Lexus Essential Care like Ive done with my wifes car

6 hours ago, rayaans said:

As you're car is listed as 2013, its over 5 years old, you may as well go for Lexus Essential Care like Ive done with my wifes car

@Rayaans I couldnt see essential care for the IS300h on the website - what are they charging for full / intermediate?

21 minutes ago, Mikey B said:

@Rayaans I couldnt see essential care for the IS300h on the website - what are they charging for full / intermediate?

Same as IS250 I paid. 

13 hours ago, rayaans said:

Thanks Rayaan, I will check if Lexus Glasgow does it.

19 hours ago, rayaans said:

£700 for a service on a IS??!!!

The dealership must be smiling so hard when you walk through the door dropping £20 notes with every step!!

Its £300 worth of work max even with spark plugs, more than double for a main dealer stamp is day light robbery.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

The dealership must be smiling so hard when you walk through the door dropping £20 notes with every step!!

Its £300 worth of work max even with spark plugs, more than double for a main dealer stamp is day light robbery.

This is what I am thinking, a bit too much for not much work and all for the Lexus stamp?!

I would agree it builds your relationship with the garage but common, it is robbery.

I will pop in anyway to the garage to see what they can offer when time comes.

3 hours ago, ganzoom said:

Its no different to any other main dealer though - its their labour charges at £140-150 an hour that bump it up

Merc want £800 for an A service and transmission fluid change next year

Should clarify the website actually says £645 not £700+ like the 6 cylinders but either way, still near enough £700

Have you discussed a service plan with your dealer? I've been offered a substantial discount to take on a service plan instead of paying for services individually.

Lexus service prices were a shock to me, but on looking around, I'm not sure things are that different on other brands. 

Service's for Kia Stinger GT-S (with that amazing 7yr warranty!),  every 6k miles. Must be cheap, its a Kia! erm no, 30k miles of services, still over £1100 with a main dealer, actually more than i paid with a service plan I took out when i bought the Lexus.

Use of an independent is always an option. No-one forces anyone to use the main dealer.

Just now, Steve44 said:

Have you discussed a service plan with your dealer? I've been offered a substantial discount to take on a service plan instead of paying for services individually.

Lexus service prices were a shock to me, but on looking around, I'm not sure things are that different on other brands. 

Service's for Kia Stinger GT-S (with that amazing 7yr warranty!),  every 6k miles. Must be cheap, its a Kia! erm no, 30k miles of services, still over £1100 with a main dealer, actually more than i paid with a service plan I took out when i bought the Lexus.

Use of an independent is always an option. No-one forces anyone to use the main dealer.

Almost all dealers have stopped giving discounts on service plans apart from when taking out at the point of new/used car sale from instruction of Lexus UK

something to do with making it all transparent.

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Almost all dealers have stopped giving discounts on service plans apart from when taking out at the point of new/used car sale from instruction of Lexus UK

something to do with making it all transparent.

not true in my experience, but I'll keep quiet then, nothing to see here..............🤫

13 hours ago, Steve44 said:

Hi Steve, I didn't buy my car from a Lexus dealer, it was another car selling chain, may be they offered me something regards the service but I refused, in many cases you pay money for service (what is actually car required based on year and mileage) but all they do is just changing an oil and oil filter, I have been caught like that before!

I am shocked by KIA prices! Uau!

When I bought my 2015 IS300h from the Lexus agents 14 months ago I was offered a 3 year service plan for about £1000  as a single payment or for about £900 if I paid monthly so I went for the latter. Three services, albeit two of them minor ones, for £900 sounds OK to me.

On 3/13/2019 at 7:25 AM, Vlady said:

On 3/13/2019 at 10:49 AM, rayaans said:

On 3/13/2019 at 12:27 PM, Vlady said:

On 3/14/2019 at 7:25 AM, Vlady said:

This is what I am thinking, a bit too much for not much work and all for the Lexus stamp?!

I would agree it builds your relationship with the garage but common, it is robbery.

I will pop in anyway to the garage to see what they can offer when time comes.

Hi Guys, Just so you know we can offer you the same parts that your Lexus Dealer will use at cheaper prices.

We have had a lot of customers buy the parts from us and get their local dealer to fit them (as they are genuine dealers will fit)

Plus you still get warranty and all the stuff. - Hope it helps

• Like 3

2 hours ago, reeac said:

When I bought my 2015 IS300h from the Lexus agents 14 months ago I was offered a 3 year service plan for about £1000  as a single payment or for about £900 if I paid monthly so I went for the latter. Three services, albeit two of them minor ones, for £900 sounds OK to me.

This was similar for me, took mine out at time I bought my new IS300h, paid for it monthly 0% APR over about 18mths.

8 hours ago, LexusPartsDirect said:

Hi Guys, Just so you know we can offer you the same parts that your Lexus Dealer will use at cheaper prices.

We have had a lot of customers buy the parts from us and get their local dealer to fit them (as they are genuine dealers will fit)

Plus you still get warranty and all the stuff. - Hope it helps

Hi Lee, thanks for the offer. I don't even know what exactly is required for 40k service. Plus I need to check if Lexus Glasgow will agree to use parts bought by me.

Do you have a link to your site or anything?

Thanks

12 hours ago, Vlady said:

Hi Lee, thanks for the offer. I don't even know what exactly is required for 40k service. Plus I need to check if Lexus Glasgow will agree to use parts bought by me.

Do you have a link to your site or anything?

Thanks

Yes our site is lexuspartsdirect.co.uk if you send an enquiry on the site they will look up everything for you aswell.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who uses main dealer servicing should have a look at this video....Lexus main dealers may be different, or may be the same.

But just because you pay more than double for a main dealer service compared to an independent doesn't mean your getting a better service (for the car bit anyways).

• Thanks 1