Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What covered on Major Service

I have a quote from Lexus for engine oil (7ltr), oil filter, pollen and air filter and sump washer, all for just under £150. OIl is the most expensive comes at £70, basically £10 per litre. I also hope to use my Golden member card to get 10% on it.

3 hours ago, Vlady said:

I have a quote from Lexus for engine oil (7ltr), oil filter, pollen and air filter and sump washer, all for just under £150. OIl is the most expensive comes at £70, basically £10 per litre. I also hope to use my Golden member card to get 10% on it.

Bite his hand off Vlad! Seems good price from Lexus.

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:29 PM, royoftherovers said:

Bite his hand off Vlad! Seems good price from Lexus.

John, I will get it next week! May be I can find cheaper stuff around but these are Lexus genuine parts so will get them! Thanks

• Like 1

Does any one know if computer needs to be re-set after the oil change?

Also I have been told there is no change of the fuel filter as it is part of the fuel pump, I find it strange tbh.

5 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

No it doesn't.

Thanks Colin, this is good to know. Strange though, most cars nowadays tell you how much miles left to next service therefore require a computer reset after the service.

41 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Thanks Colin, this is good to know. Strange though, most cars nowadays tell you how much miles left to next service therefore require a computer reset after the service.

There is a setting in the menus to configure when a service was done, so it can count down the miles till next.

49 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Many of those vehicles run a flexible service schedule where sensors check the quality of the oil and determine when a service is required. Lexus don't do that, they only use fixed service schedules.

Even with fixed service schedules many manufacturers produce warning that are difficult to clear - mainly in their self interest to make it difficult/expensive for private or independents carrying out services. Again Toyota/Lexus don't do this.

The only thing available as part of the infotainment system are service reminders that can be cleared/turned off by the owner via the standard menus.

11 hours ago, Vlady said:

Thanks guys, I will have a look tomorrow, may be actually later tonight.

Yep, found it, it does look more like a reminder though. I was going to change brake fluid and air filter but the computer says it has been changed last year so I am good I guess, it will be for me oil/oil filter and pollen filter, and may be coolant. On another hand these items are pretty cheap, should I change them anyway, especially air filter?

Further to my post of 18 April, I have investigated further the cost of future services for my Lexus IS 300H.

A four year service (interim) would cost £175 at one Lexus dealership, yet cost £275 at another Lexus dealership only 40 miles away from each other.

A five year service (full) at the same dealerships would be £355 at one, and £485 at the other.

Interestingly, a two year extended warranty would cost the same at both dealerships, namely £795.

It rather looks like I will be changing my dealership!

10 minutes ago, ikeja said:

Further to my post of 18 April, I have investigated further the cost of future services for my Lexus IS 300H.

A four year service (interim) would cost £175 at one Lexus dealership, yet cost £275 at another Lexus dealership only 40 miles away from each other.

A five year service (full) at the same dealerships would be £355 at one, and £485 at the other.

Interestingly, a two year extended warranty would cost the same at both dealerships, namely £795.

From those costs the dealer with the cheaper prices is quoting for the Essentials service and the dealer with the more expensive prices the standard service. Which is interesting as if your car is a 2016 model then Essentials pricing should not apply as it's for cars over 5 years old... I would ask the dealer with the cheaper pricing if they are actually quoting correctly or you are not comparing apples to apples...

On 4/29/2019 at 12:38 PM, ikeja said:

You used to be able to shop around dealers for a good price. Lexus put a stop to that a couple of years ago by introducing fixed price (high price) servicing and possibly threatening the loss of franchise as all dealers seemed to adhere strictly to the pricing - interesting that some are now breaking away 🙂

I have now checked and the cheaper prices are for an essential service, but the dealership concerned will still stamp the service book. I now have a decision to make as to which service - full Lexus, or Lexus essential - I opt for.

The Essential service will comprise:

year four and year 5 to include 

oil filters

oil 

screenwash

airfilter

pollen filter

brake fluid

hybrid health check

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

24 minutes ago, ikeja said:

I have now checked and the cheaper prices are for an essential service, but the dealership concerned will still stamp the service book. I now have a decision to make as to which service - full Lexus, or Lexus essential - I opt for.

The Essential service will comprise:

year four and year 5 to include 

oil filters

oil 

screenwash

airfilter

pollen filter

brake fluid

hybrid health check

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

The interesting thing to me is that they are prepared to do the Essentials service on a 2016 car as everything I have seen says it is only for cars over 5 years old.