Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all:driving:

Has any one had a problem with there radio reception and heated rear window!!!

My heated rear window works but the r/h element in the middle no longer works just one line only dead which affects the radio reception when the heated window is on.:down:

Once the window heater is off all ok.

Has anybody had this issue and does anybody no off a solution to the problem the car is still under warranty but i cannot see Lexus replacing the rear window under warranty.!!!:down:

65mike:driving:

23 minutes ago, 65mike said:

Hi all:driving:

Has any one had a problem with there radio reception and heated rear window!!!

My heated rear window works but the r/h element in the middle no longer works just one line only dead which affects the radio reception when the heated window is on.:down:

Once the window heater is off all ok.

Has anybody had this issue and does anybody no off a solution to the problem the car is still under warranty but i cannot see Lexus replacing the rear window under warranty.!!!:down:

You could try see what they say. Failing that replace through your insurance, does not affect no claims. Just had my front replaced cost £90 was fine till Xmas. Then just seemed

to chip really easy which is strange. Near side was terrible.

Hi all.:driving:

Keith i agree with you on trying to get it fixed under warranty but i cannot see them agreeing to that.:down:

Peter that looks like it might do the job and get the radio working when i have the heated window on.😐

Lee no Battery has not been changed and nothing has been altered think it is just wear in the element that has caused it.:down:

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

You could try conductive paint to repair the broken element?

91Bm-CivqvL._SL1500_.jpg

Approx £10 from Amazon

I recently tried that product on an Alfa rear screen,found it to be fairly rubbish. Whenever you tried to removed the template it pulled the stuff off. Tried with masking tape it also pulled the stuff off. Managed to get some on finally but it did not make the line work again after all the hassle

I gotta add that unless this stuff has come on a long way then I too have not had any success with it, Admittely it was not for radio reception reasons but just to get sections of demister working. This was on MK2 Fiesta and Cavalier SRi which never used sections as radio antennas.

Paul m.

It's a long shot but a really cheap option.

How long it will last and whether it will work or not, only a trial will give you that answer..

A graphene pencil.. rub it over the area that's no longer working...

You obviously want the softest pencil you can find...

https://youtu.be/BwKQ9Idq9FM

Might be far cheaper than the excess on your insurance !!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just to join in..... I have exactly the same issue. Only seems to interfere with certain stations. Plus on a frosty morning I have just one “bar” that does not defrost.

It appeared middle of last year not long after I had a dash cam wired in.

ive been meaning to look which fuse they piggy backed and see if there could be any relationship.

Agree with others got to be worth a nudge to Lexus just to see what they say. 

There is one line dead on my LH side of rear window, does not affect radio.... although I never listen to the radio. My guess - maybe radio with poor reception is affected, but radio stations works fine otherwise. 

20 hours ago, Vintagesixtysix said:

Just to join in..... I have exactly the same issue. Only seems to interfere with certain stations. Plus on a frosty morning I have just one “bar” that does not defrost.

It appeared middle of last year not long after I had a dash cam wired in.

ive been meaning to look which fuse they piggy backed and see if there could be any relationship.

Agree with others got to be worth a nudge to Lexus just to see what they say. 

If you had a rear facing cam installed then my guess would be that whoever done it has put a hairline scratch somewhere through the section of element that no longer works.

paul m.

Hi all.😊

The worst part about this is i have never been anywhere  near the rear screen never cleaned it or touched it, i could understand if i had scratched it but no.☹️

I can get the radio stations to work when the rear heater is on but they crackle even tried radio 2.🤔

Looks like i will have to live with this as  i am 100% sure the dealer will not touch it under warranty.☹️

65mike.:smile:

Hi all.[emoji4]
The worst part about this is i have never been anywhere  near the rear screen never cleaned it or touched it, i could understand if i had scratched it but no.[emoji3525]
I can get the radio stations to work when the rear heater is on but they crackle even tried radio 2.[emoji848]
Looks like i will have to live with this as  i am 100% sure the dealer will not touch it under warranty.[emoji3525]
65mike.[emoji2]

Personally it's something electrical based and that's why I asked if you had changed the Battery. Mine had never been an issue until I did the Battery and yours until the camera went in but both cars display the same symptoms. Have seen something about the batteries before. It's very annoying

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, 65mike said:

Looks like i will have to live with this as  i am 100% sure the dealer will not touch it under warranty.☹️

Have you asked? If you have a fault and a warranty you might have a good case for getting it fixed!

• 11 months later...

Hi all:clap:

It’s been 11 months since i started this post so it is now time for a update.😊

Car went back to the dealer on Monday regarding the screen as it was missing a line and radio was loosing reception when screen was on.🙁

I had taken a couple off pictures and sent them to the garage so they could see it was faulty.

And got a call yesterday evening saying all sorted Brand new screen ( rear ) fitted under the warranty happy days :thumbup:

Genuine Lexus one too checked it now want some frost to see if all is ok.

Thank-you Lexus warranty has been a great help would never have bothered otherwise would have just had to live with it.😀

65mike 🎸

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi all.😃

After my last update we have had some frost and alas screen was missing a line on r/h side this time radio works ok seems they have split radio aerial and screen demister up on this one.☹️

I sent the dealer a picture showing the part that was not working and took  the car for a health check and they have said the screen will be replaced under warranty.😃

They put a crown mark around the offending area and if you look you can see it is a dark line about 1 inch long.

Hopefully when it get's it's new again screen it will be all sorted out this time.🙂

65mike