Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audioleads Facia Adapter

I dunno if any1 knows about this but it doesnt seem to have been mentioned b4.

After hours of trauling the net for a facia adapter for my IS200 and only finding 1 american site that had them but in cheap looking stippled effect i decided to go to my local car audio centre and set them a challenge.

A challenge that turned out not to be as challenging as i originally thought lol.the first company he phoned (autoleads) claimed to have them and they said its a relativly new product.So the guy got me a price (£25) and a Part number (which i forgot to ask for).I told him to leave for now as my plan was to do a little research and maybe try and organise some sort of group buy on here.so i returned home and looked on the audioleads website but they had no mention of the adapter,so i called them up and the not so helpful lady told me that they dont sell to the public and that they dont do the product anyway :duh:

so i rang them again this morning and told them that my local car audio had phoned them in my prescence and was given a part number and surprise surprise the part number magically appeared on there computers :) Progress :)

I then proceded to Halfords because i knew they do audioleads stuff and gave them the part number and ask them to get me a price.

Now i dont know if it was a mistake but he came back with a price of £16 :):) needless to say i have one ordered,and it should be here in the next couple of days.He also got me a price and part# on a wiring loom adapter but that was £28 so i left that because i wanna see wat sort of juob is involved first.

Anyway sorry for the novel lengthed post but im quite chuffed that ive actually found an aftermarket product for my Lex, and a quite cheap and sought after one at that :)

Facia Adapter FP-2500

Wiring Adapter PC9 406

Ill post pics as soon as it arrives :)

I would check out that price, put the part number in google and it will bring up a list of people advertising it. Autoleads normally are £9.99

I myself phoned Autoleads to buy some products, their min order is £1000.00!! so unless Halfords are placing an order you may find you are waiting a bit longer than a week

FP-25-00 a memorable part number :unsure:

This product has been available for some time now.

Steve (admin) did a group buy on these before their release date.

Autoleads only seel to dealers hence min order of £1000 for initial account set up.

PC9-406 will not work on th IS this adapter is for the MR2 with built in amp.

There are no official retail prices for Autoleads parts, I guess Halfords would be one of the cheapest suppliers as they order in bulk and distribute to all stores.

I guess Halfords would be one of the cheapest suppliers as they order in bulk and distribute to all stores.

very rarely i find that to be the case Steve!!

anyways phunt congrats on finding all this info ;)

is this single din or double din?

I went to halford today to enquire about gettin my front speakers upgraded, as they say they will fit any of their speakers to any car!!

Turns out I'll probably have to pay for the pod... but at least it now looks like (autoleads???) do the front speaker pods too!!!

anyone have the part number for these??

I went to halford today to enquire about gettin my front speakers upgraded, as they say they will fit any of their speakers to any car!!

Check the guy who will be fitting knows what he is doing, proceed with caution!!

I'm in 2 minds, if to do the audio or not!! The lex has a very nice system already.

And has I have nav, it would more of an **** to get anything decent done £2k+ for decent setup i thinks. (if you gonna do it, do it propa)

I'd much rather put that 2k towards my rims :D

Nope... They do a simular pod, but the fixing holes where the screws are do not ligh up to the OEM holes in the door.

:lol::lol: so its not even the right pods!!! Great

I've had a look at setups on is300.net where people are sticking the HU in the boot etc etc.

Its long, i'm throwing the AV idea for 200 out the window :unsure: (aslong as I keep away from a lex with heavy sounds)

Yes i bought the car 6 months ago and spent just over £2,200 on the boot alone.

When i bought the car the sat nav was not working because the cd in the boot was not installed so i am now trying to sell the screen if anyone is interested because i do not need it anymore.

• 2 years later...
RIGHT RAZ.... :excl:

Anyone who wants AUtoleads Bits... Please PM me.

I am trying to get a facia adaptor and ISO cable to boot, i have a IS200 on a W plate, the damn headunit has packed up on me.

now looking to put aftermarket headunit in but getting those damn parts seems to be so difficult and time consuming it's bringing me to boiling point.

I have been given product numbers for the facia this being FP-25-00 and i have also been given SB-24-50 now i am totally baffled.

any help mate

Pickles99

I just got the one off eBay and it worked out fine... not an exact match but you'd have to look twice to see it...

As for an ISO adapter i'm afraid that there isn't any for the sport or SE versions but there is one available for the S model

btw ... welcome to LOC :)

I just got the one off ebay and it worked out fine... not an exact match but you'd have to look twice to see it...

As for an ISO adapter i'm afraid that there isn't any for the sport or SE versions but there is one available for the S model

Cheers Noel for that info so this will mean a manual snip of the amp cable which takes out my rear speakers,

btw i am at work and have been looking for those part numbers for the last 3hrs anyone have an anadin.

pickles99

Oh and do you know how to get the heater working the blowers are fine the water indicator on the radiator is

showing full but the blowers only blow not cold air but luke warm and the front window fogs up to de fog it i have to put my AC on?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the one off ebay and it worked out fine... not an exact match but you'd have to look twice to see it...

Cheers Noel for that info so this will mean a manual snip of the amp cable which takes out my rear speakers,

btw i am at work and have been looking for those part numbers for the last 3hrs anyone have an anadin.

pickles99

Oh and do you know how to get the heater working the blowers are fine the water indicator on the radiator is

showing full but the blowers only blow not cold air but luke warm and the front window fogs up to de fog it i have to put my AC on?

Got all my leads and facia adaptor sorted and finally the CD player gets fitted this week but hey when i get it done i'll post pix, FP-25-00 is the right code for the facia and got the lead from DVB Car Audio UK but i do have to manually snip the amp cable but hey who cares i'll just get another one fitted at a later date.

Whats the difference between a single din or a double din?-apart from the obvious there being an extra din!!????

A company called SQ+ do a single and double din replacement for the standard unit and it does look at home in the car

The surface on that adapter looks rough to touch, not smooth like the Lexus dash, how do they look together?

Whats the difference between a single din or a double din?-apart from the obvious there being an extra din!!????

A company called SQ+ do a single and double din replacement for the standard unit and it does look at home in the car

The surface on that adapter looks rough to touch, not smooth like the Lexus dash, how do they look together?

a double din is like 2 stereos joined together, nowerdays the doubles are usually fitted with a 7" tv screen on the front. the standard lexus stereo is double din size with a facia that fits the dash.

hope that made it clearer (prob not)

craig

I got the single din as this fits from my lexus double din size to convert to a single din which fits a standard H.U, but i do have to manually snip the amp cable for this to work as autoleads don't yet do the lead for the lexus SE or the Sport which is a shame. :huh:

Was quite cheap to about £8.95 and the facia was about £19:99 + P&P.

Iv'e never noticed the suface of the adaptor but it looks fine to me, but the facia can fit two stereos or the double din H.U or you can just fit a standard H.U and use the lower part of the facia as storage you maybe able to fit a pen in there lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...