Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I have just acquired an immaculate 2006 GS450H with 59k miles on the clock.

I’ve done a lot of research and it seems there is no way to simply navigate to language settings and change from Japanese to English.

Also the Japanese FM band only goes up to 90khz which doesn’t cover the stations I would like to listen to.

this leads to two questions:

1. If I install a satnav/screen and cd/radio from a UK car with this resolve these issues?

2. Is the part number the same for the GS450H and GS300?

I have a light grey dash and can only find matching units from a GS300 so just trying to establish whether this will be capable of displaying the hybrid system animations and economy readout etc. 

Thanks is advance for any advice, I have a bunch of other questions that I’ll post on their own threads.

cheers,

The part numbers are different according to toyodiy.com, GS300 part # 86111-30430-C0 but GS450H has part number # 86111-30570-C0

The trim from your existing unit might un-clip and be able to be installed on a replacement part?

There's a GS450H unit for sale on eBay now for less than £200 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-11-Lexus-GS450H-Sat-Nav-and-Radio/253761758108?hash=item3b1561239c:g:lJgAAOSwjdhbUOyi

Let us know how you get on.

Albeit a later model, my audio developed a fault last year and was luckily replaced under warranty. I was told that the new unit cost something like £3k, so if the one on eBay is the right one for you then it looks like a bargain.

If it's not already been done, get your underside checked and sealed - in Japan they do not salt the roads as they close them if they are considered dangerous.  As a result on JDM cars it's often not done by the manufacturers to save money (as there's no need for it).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys....

Bobmc, that's really helpful to know, best steer clear of a GS300 unit then. Yeah I'd come to the same conclusion about unclipping the trim and re-using. Would like to keep the japanese buttons anyway.

Only issue then is that I want to swap the minidisc/cd/radio too but the trim isn't the same, will just have to be patient I suppose...

On 3/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, Dapprman said:

If it's not already been done, get your underside checked and sealed - in Japan they do not salt the roads as they close them if they are considered dangerous.  As a result on JDM cars it's often not done by the manufacturers to save money (as there's no need for it).

Good point... I had a look when it was up on ramps during MOT and it was literally immacualte.

2 hours ago, Moyesii said:

Good point... I had a look when it was up on ramps during MOT and it was literally immacualte.

The same with mine, after 16 years it's immaculate underneath, not even a rusted bolt head,  I must get it sealed this year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links