Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2007/8 LS460 issue to look for

Thought I'd glance at the thread Brian.

Got a shock at one thread.  Is this an issue in the UK for Cars?  I did get a sticky cup holder in an MR2 2nd series I owned and thought it must have been something to do with spillage. I found that wiped with pure Isoproponol it cleaned it and seemed dry to the touch. For how long I couldn't say as I didn't keep the Car.  That was the same year Car as my LS.

Are other models affected by age and what is the date range?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/903879-melting-interior-alternatives.html

1 hour ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Thought I'd glance at the thread Brian.

Got a shock at one thread.  Is this an issue in the UK for Cars?  I did get a sticky cup holder in an MR2 2nd series I owned and thought it must have been something to do with spillage. I found that wiped with pure Isoproponol it cleaned it and seemed dry to the touch. For how long I couldn't say as I didn't keep the Car.  That was the same year Car as my LS.

Are other models affected by age and what is the date range?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/903879-melting-interior-alternatives.html

The melting interior problem seems to affect cars in the really hot parts of the USA. I notice that Lexus USA will replace the trim, as necessary, FOC. I haven't had any problems at all.....in 'sunny' Holland...….and my car spends most of its time outside.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there. 

I bought one in Ireland a few months back. 

Teriffic car. But beware, the adaptive suspension on early ones will possibly be shot on it. I have coilovers en route from USA. 

Control arm bushings go with age resulting in vague steering, speed vibrations and knocking. 

I've replaced the upper arms with pattern and will press in new febest ones that I got last week when I'm doing the shocks. 

All of the above let the car down and can render an otherwise fit motor as scrap if you consider lexus prices. 

I love mine however and I'm really looking forward to having her running like she should be. Mine is also 2007. I'm looking into reflashing transmission at dealer. The later software makes for a nicer driving experience apparently. 

Surprisingly noisy cabin at speed due to wind noise. This is a known and fixable issue. 

Check for slip in drivetrain on gear change. Motor, tranny and diff mounts can weaken. Mine are sound as far as I can tell. 

Pay attention when test driving. You can get carried away with its splendour if you're not used to one and miss all of the signs for above issues. 

Where are you based? 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 9:10 AM, black400 said:

Ok chap as LS 600Hs are hard to come by in Ireland my alternative  is the LS460 2007/ what are this issues  if any with this car .

Did you look at donedeal, it's got a few at the moment. 

47 minutes ago, k1elliott said:

Hello there. 

Teriffic car. But beware, the adaptive suspension on early ones will possibly be shot on it. I have coilovers en route from USA. 

Control arm bushings go with age resulting in vague steering, speed vibrations and knocking. 

I've replaced the upper arms with pattern and will press in new febest ones that I got last week when I'm doing the shocks. 

All of the above let the car down and can render an otherwise fit motor as scrap if you consider lexus prices. 

I love mine however and I'm really looking forward to having her running like she should be. Mine is also 2007. I'm looking into reflashing transmission at dealer. The later software makes for a nicer driving experience apparently. 

Surprisingly noisy cabin at speed due to wind noise. This is a known and fixable issue. 

Check for slip in drivetrain on gear change. Motor, tranny and diff mounts can weaken. Mine are sound as far as I can tell. 

Pay attention when test driving. You can get carried away with its splendour if you're not used to one and miss all of the signs for above issues. 

Where are you based? 

How many miles(km) has your LS done? Mine is 2007 with 93,000 miles (150,000) km and I have had no problems. I get mine serviced at a Lexus dealer and I'm sure that they would flag up any possible work for themselves. At the last annual check I asked them to pay particular attention to the steering and suspension; they gave it a clean bill of health.

It is worth getting a dealer to do any software updates, especially those which cover the engine and gearbox.

The wind noise problem isn't universal - mine doesn't suffer from it - but I do know of the 'Jim Craney' fix.

1 hour ago, k1elliott said:

Hello there. 

Where are you based? 

I am in Mayo , I have had Two LS 400s and I am well aware of lexus priceing ,, but a good mechanic  and a press can save you s fortune, just a pity road tax takes away the pleasure,, but 2008 is a eye watering  2350 totally  uncalled for on a 11 year old car .

Did you see the president  LS on Done Deal , price from two sites was 8950 down  to 4500 now 6500 with years tax but , the issue I have is no service history  and info display no working  the other is a 08 , rosd tax 2350 and that is a ***** take on a 10 year old car.were ste you based I would love to have a look at yours. 

3 hours ago, k1elliott said:

Hello there. 

Where are you based? 

I'm sure many will be very interested to know how you get on with a coilover conversion, please report back.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 1:52 PM, black400 said:

Did you see the president  LS on Done Deal , price from two sites was 8950 down  to 4500 now 6500 with years tax but , the issue I have is no service history  and info display no working  the other is a 08 , rosd tax 2350 and that is a ***** take on a 10 year old car.were ste you based I would love to have a look at yours. 

I'm in Laois. You're welcome to see mine. 

There's one for 6750 with a great maintenance record but one would wonder why it's gone through two recent owners and hop for sale after all that recent work. 

I just had a transmission oil change done by local Toyota and the botched it. Didn't do final measurements with engine idling or at correct temperature. Sorted now. Low transmission oil gives same symptoms as a stuck solenoid: slipping gears, hesitation, lumpy deceleration then limp mode. Luckily I brought it straight back and told them how to do it properly. I'll be double checking myself today after all that. 

Good idea, my local Toyota  garage  siad they would carry out maintenance  for me but for the transmission I will go to lexus , if I'm up your way I'll give you a shout.