Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Full Closure

Karlos

After surfing the pages of this site i have noticed that some of you have full closure modifications on your IS200!

What's it all about?

Where do they do this mod?

Also my IS200 Sport is black and i was thinking of doing the brakes some colour and getting some LOC stickers, Any advice for colours to do?

Hmmm...I can't believe that there are no takers for this!? :huh:

I've seen Scorpion's full closure system on his car and it's fantastic...better than any other that has been developed/completed previously!!

This is a top draw modification...something Lexus should have put on the IS in the factory!!!

Do as the man's signature suggests!!! B)

I'd rather the kit/design get posted like Geoffers was. People can then make their own - I would.

A lot of people just don't have the time to spend debugging the system to make their own, just want to make something up that someone else has worked out. Thats half the idea of this club.

If you want to sell it, thats fine but give people the choice.

Kev...this is not just something that was knocked up in a couple of hours, it took a lot of time and research to get the kit perfect, which has now made it a desirable product!

In a similar vain...Paul (fargo) has worked very hard to convert his dash lights to blue....and soon a kit which members can 'BUY' will be avaliable...

How to's on removing brake discs, changing pads and other maintenence related items are posted here to help members, you can't exactly sell things like that...Pete's full closure system is a well researched well thought out product and if purchased, installed professionaly!

As i said b4 there is intricate soldering and you could fry one of the boards which would cost you an extra £200 +,Geoffers never did the f/closure,and whats this de-bugging thing you go on about?

If you go onto other clubs sites you will find a whole host of services being offered to members,by members,knowledge comes at a cost.

If your certain of your knowledge of electronics,why haven't you sussed it out yourself then?..that way you could do your own mod and even offer it the members.The system isn't expensive for what it is,we have kept the cost as low as possible for members.When i first joined the club i was told the experts are on the case sussing out f/closure....a year on and were still waiting,well some of you are were not,we have 2 systems on trial at the moment and have been installed for almost a year with NO problems whatsoever.

Do you know whats involved in installing it,most of the time is taken up removing all the door panels,h/lining,kick plates and pillars,it is the labour that takes up most of the cost.

I think Pete is offering a great service, I have no idea how much it costs, but I for one am considering dropping him a PM regarding it.

The only reason I mentioned DIY in my post above was simply because there are some people (like Pete), who are prepared to get stuck in and do it... I'm not one of them.. and I think its great members can offer services to each other!

Personally, it's the professional fitting that attracts me. There's no way i'd attempt something like this on my own!

Problem with kits and people doing it themselves is if something goes wrong, blame starts getting apportioned to the wrong people '...the instructions didn't say this or that....', '...this doesn't fit right....' '..i've bodged this....'.

i'd rather spend that extra bit of money getting it done right than a lot more trying to correct problems created from my own bodges.

Well in would be interesting to see what a professional alarm co would charge for a f/closure system?(we know)

I take nothing from this,the cost goes to the guy that installs it,it is time consuming and i give up my Saturday just to help out so you guys can have it available to you,you all wanted it a year ago,and now its been sussed no-one wants it thats cool with me and those that are having it fitted coz it makes us more exclusive.

We will even consider travelling to a certain distance but this will obviously bump up the cost a bit,plus you'll have to make copious amounts of coffee.

What i find interesting is the originator of the post hasn't bee in touch.......yet :lol:

I am not a supporter of the "Secret Squirrel Brigade" and keeping secrets etc from other members, but in this case I think it is warrantied that the dangers far outweight the advantages to your Lex.

The figure I got a few weeks ago wasnt expensive for the time and the knowledge that you are getting, yes maybe the components only cost a couple of quid from Maplins but we all know that anyone can buy a soldering iron from there and claim to be an electronics wiz (just like I did lol!).

I would much rather pay for someone to do it for me and know that I havent wired the red wire instead of the pink wire and and then be on the M6 and kaboom my pride and joy is a pile of ash and melted plastic.

If someone is willing to pay £300 for a rear spoiler to be fitted by a Pro then I am sure they are willing to pay £x (whatever the amount is) to get total closure fitted by a pro. As someone would be willing to pay me (well my company !) £1000 Day for me to setup their Novell or Citrix Servers... I could tell the customer how to do it on the phone but then it opens up a whole can of worms with support etc....

So in conclusion, if you dont know how to do it and it isnt as simple as "bolt this to that etc..." then I think its worth getting a pro to do it, and if there are any problems with it then its their problem and not yours.

Sorry to rattle on guys

Dunk

i think the price is very reasonable,

i worked in the motor trade from when i left school up to a few years ago.

i have seen many electrical installations done and the extortionate prices they charge.

i wouldnt even consider doing the job myself either.

the price is very reasonable and if you want it done get someone who knows what there doin which scorpion and co. do

i will be getting mine done within the next month or so , probably just after gaydon

john